Notices

I'm back to try this again....

Old 03-18-2005, 05:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm back to try this again....

trying to make this recovery work this time . Afraid to loose the people I love because of all my bad choices
Old 03-18-2005, 05:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Doug

Welcome back tweet. It takes what it takes, don't give up.

Old 03-19-2005, 05:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Stopping the tornado

Hi Tweet,

I understand what you mean, I've lost some of the people in my life due to this disease. However, I am hopeful that I can get them back in recovery. Read the posts of people who have been in recovery for some time and you'll see that nearly all of them have regained the important relationships in their lives!
Old 03-19-2005, 05:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back Tweet
Old 03-19-2005, 05:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Tweet

Newly committed to my recovery also due to the fear that I had destroyed one of my dearest friendships in a terrible bout of drunkeness.

She is now in my corner with open arms as I work for my sobriety.

Let everyone have their time, be honest with those who you have hurt and most (the true blue) will be come around and be supportive.

Noone wants to be witness to your destruction, most will be ready to be there in your recovery.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

[B]Thank all you guys for responding , Helps me alot to come here , I really enjoy it!!
Old 03-20-2005, 07:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wecome back tweet its a hard process to do the drinking thing that is.I did,nt like it when the people in here told me to go to a A.A meeting,but one night the cravings were getting bad so i went and you know what that was 2 and a half months ago and i,m still sober so maybe try it and good luck...
Old 03-20-2005, 08:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ama

(((Hi Tweet)))

Great to see you embracing the road to recovery. You will find tremendous help here so just keep coming back.......
Old 03-20-2005, 09:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Welcome Tweet, great to have you here. SR has become one of my lifelines. Happy or sad, confused or mad, craving or grieving.....doesn't matter SR is here for me!!!
I understand how yu feel....i lost everything but my life due to my addiction. My 2 girls couldn't sit by and watch me destroy myself let alone understand it. My family turned thier back on me, my closest friends couldn't understand why i couldn't just drink and leave the coke alone.....they walked away.....i lost a boyfriend....i could go on.
Main thing was i was losing myself...i was thrown a life preserver, Since March 9, 2004, one day at a time, many struggles, tears, cravings and tests i'm workin on my 9th month. My life has changed because I CHOOSE to change.....like they say nothin changes if nothin changes.
Today i ahve a little faith, love and understanding in myself. Faith as small as a mustard seed was all i needed to get started. Every day that I haven't picked up a drink or a drug, i get closer to knowing my strengths. Take the power away from your addiction, one minute at a time if needed. You are so worth the effort.
AA has been my biggest lifeline, I no longer see my old friends and I don't care to, my girls love me and our relationship grows stronger everyday, my family is proud of me...though some of them don't have alot to do with me still, i know in time miracles happen. I've made some new friends..But most of all I'm learning how to be my own best friend, I must put myself and my recovery first.
Choose recovery and your relationships will flourish, i promise!!!
Old 03-20-2005, 10:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Tweet

You can do it!! Don't try and do it alone though - utilise the resources available to you - here on SR, and outside with AA/NA. They WORK. Good luck, one day at a time.

If you want to try AA, these are the promises : (I was introduced to these when I first came to SR, and I can promise you they're true!)

The Promises

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The AA Promises

If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through.

We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness.

We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it.

We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace.

No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others.

That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear.

We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows.

Self-seeking will slip away.

Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change.

Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us.

We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us.

We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.

Are these extravagant promises? We think not.

They are being fulfilled among us - sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly.

They will always materialize if we work for them.

Big Book Alcoholics Anonymous p83-84

You CAN do it.

Keep coming back,

Cathy31
xxx
Old 03-20-2005, 11:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

Welcome back Tweet. I've lost people due to my addiction. It just goes to show you how powerful it can be.

I agree with wantneeda, the worst thing was that I was losing myself.

Hang in there and use SR. It has been my lifeline so many times.

You're not in this alone.

Richard
Old 03-20-2005, 02:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Tweet!
Old 03-20-2005, 06:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ama

(((Tweet)))

Every day in some special day when I am sober - the promises the promises the promises. They REALLY DO COME TRUE dear friend......

Stick with SR- today was a hard one but a good one as I am sober again one day at a time......