New to this forum

Old 08-26-2002, 02:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

New to this forum

Hi All,

Thought I would take a moment and introduce myself. I am new to this board and pretty new to Al-Anon...

It is nice to have a place to come and chat or read when it is
needed.

Thanks for being here
Old 08-26-2002, 02:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

Hi Red,
Welcome, tell us about yourself-inquiring
minds want to know!

Hugs,
Old 08-26-2002, 02:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to the recovery forum, Red!

Let it all hang out... you're among friends.

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 08-26-2002, 03:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

All about me...

Wow

Not quite sure where to start... it would take a small novel to get it all down

To sum it all up... I grew up in the south with an A father who was both physically and sexually abusive. Married another A when I was 18 to get out of the house and away from my dad. Had a daughter who was taken in the custody battle from hell :argue:... had a son 2 years later who was kidnapped from me by his father (who was very emotionally and mentally abusive)

Moved to the west coast about 10 years ago to try and pick up the peices and start again (hmmmmm - could this be a geographic thing??? )

Met someone after being out here 2 years and we clicked... he was in recovery and after dating for 2 years, we moved in together... he started drinking again about a year later and once again, all hell broke loose... it was bearable in the beginning, but after the 1st 2 years were over, it was my worst nightmare come true...

He got busted and we both went to jail on posession charges - and I had never even been in trouble - so we worked thru that and I was cleared. Then about a year later, we both were arrested for domestic violence when he tackled me and tried to "choke me out" and I defended myself with my nails

Finally I found an al-anon meeting and when I had reached my end which took alot longer than I ever imagined, I called 911 (he was unresponsive and not well). They took him to the hospital, 2 days after that he went into a program and has been sober for a little over a year...

In that year, I have found many things that bring me joy from my dogs to my cats to my friends I have met online, but that has just not been enough to change my thinking and some behaviours. Now I am back to the notion that I need to take care of me! So here I am...

RedAPBT
Old 08-26-2002, 06:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Welcome Red!!

I am sorry to hear about the pain you have been through. So glad to hear you are ready to focus on you!!

This is a great place for support.

Hope to see you here and please keep coming back

Take care.
Many hugs.
Debbie
Old 08-26-2002, 06:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Just want to join the welcome wagon, Red. I think you will find that you are among friends here. Welcome to our family.
Old 08-26-2002, 06:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Me too!

We do have a large welcome wagon..are you back at meetings? Tell us more about yourself!

JT
Old 08-26-2002, 06:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Hi Red.
Welcome! This is a great place to chat and ask questions. There are many here who will walk with you on this part of your journey. Know that you are not alone!

The topic at my local al anon meeting tonight was "Let it Begin With me". It can mean lots of different things, but it sounds to me like you are doing the right thing! By healing yourself, your relationships with others are bound to change!

Good luck. Hugs
Osier
Old 08-26-2002, 07:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Welcome Red,

Sounds like you've been through it. We've all been through our fair share of hell and we're focusing on getting out of it.

You've come to the right place.

Hugs,
MG

Old 08-26-2002, 08:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Paused

Hey Red..............
Welcome to the message board. Here you will meet some of the "bestest" : ) people on the planet. : )
Sound to me like you have realy had a trying time.......I hope things will get better for you.
Welcome again
Love Kitty!
Old 08-27-2002, 02:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Paused

Thank you all!

Hi All,

Wow, that was quite a welcome Thank you all for the kind words and other information... Makes it nice to know that I am not alone in this anymore and that I will be ay-:okay:

I really do not know what else to tell you at the moment as it seems like there is so much and I do not know where to start... so I guess it will come when it is supposed to.

Once again, thanks for listening, typing and just being out there!

((((All of you))))