Notices

I need encouragement

Old 03-13-2005, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy I need encouragement

Please tell me I will feel better in a few days........I feel like I will NEVER feel better.......and I'm so hurt.........I'm scared that I've damaged my friendship with a great person. I've hurt him and myself. I don't think I'm ever going to feel better after this slip, I've caused myself so much more pain than I ever thought could be possible.

I won't give up though and for the next 24 hours, I'm going to stay sober.

Dixie
Old 03-13-2005, 08:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Good for you. Hold to that plan.
For this 24 hours I will stay sober as well.

Time does heal things.
As time gathers so can the things we learn.
Tomorrow can always be a better day if we stay sober.
Tomorrow doesn't improve if we start to drink again.

Sober sure is the better way.
It does get better with every passing day.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Well,

they say crow is best ate warm. How bad did you hurt this friend? Can you tell them you're sorry. Drinking often hurts the people we love and we don't even know it. I've made some empty promises when I drank.

I will tell you this, Dixie that life is better when, you don't have to feel like you do right now. Ask yourself, is this worth it? Is drinking that much fun when it makes me feel like $hit for doing it??

I quit drinking not so much for my benefit but, for the ones that loved me. I got tired of the pain I caused others. You need to find out why you need to get like you do!!
The first thing I heard in AA we'll love you until you can love yourself. I do love myself today. Drinking will only hurt me and everyone that cares for me.

Make a list of what good drinking acn do for you the, make a list of what not drinking can do for you.
I took the money I didn't spend drinking a year ago and flew to Hawaii Maui is a lot better place to be sober then drunk

chris
Old 03-13-2005, 08:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

No matter what the addiction, there seems to be a running pattern. Continue to use and things get worse. I hope you can turn things around for yourself and salvage your friendship. Whatever the outcome, you need to keep going for yourself. Do this for you and maybe your friend will see you making an honest effort and forgive you. Actions speak louder than words. Do you have a plan? What are you going to do differently this time?
Old 03-13-2005, 11:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Agnostic with faith

"...never give up...it is worth it. Life has so many good things in store for you."

Hi Dixie,

Do those words sound familiar? They're your own words of encouragement. Apply them to yourself. You know that things will get better and won't seem as gloomy as they look now. You will then be able to act with a clearer head and try to undo what you did.

Just focus on staying sober for the moment, give it a little time, be patient.

Love - Pedro
Old 03-14-2005, 04:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

I'm going to a meeting tonight. I'm going to do everything differently this time.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks everyone, I have finally started to feel hopeful again. I'm so glad I have everyone here. I truly believe that I'm going to do it this time.

Dixie
Old 03-14-2005, 04:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Lightbulb Encouragement

Dixie,

it does get worse the longer you abuse. If, it was still fun, I'd be drinking. It's no longer fun when, you wake up in a drunk tank. You might read this and say, "That's not happened to me yet". You're eligble too. If, you stay in the program long enough, you see what happens to people. The people that stay. are have good things happen for them. They might still have problems but, that's life. The people that continue to use, our like country music songs, they lose their jobs, their cars, homes and spouses.

I believe, you can stop your merry go round. I believe you can have laughter in your life. You have to believe it too and want to do something about it. Are all your friends big drinkers? You have to learn what your triggers are. What ever is helping to assisit you in getting drunk has to be removed. I can't hang with certain people and stay sober. I can't go to a bar and stay sober. I can't have beer in my home and not drink it.

I can, go to meetings, work with other alcoholics, do service work and most importatnt pray and stay sober.

You can do this Dixie.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

((((((Dixie))))))) there's always hope, look around the boards. We're all in different stages, and you will GET IT girl, yeah you will, we just have to be patient I was slipping and sliding and know full well how bad you feel when you fall, but you're doing the right thing, you're back up and at em, you will feel better, that's a promise.....keep up the good fight.

Love...Denise
Old 03-14-2005, 04:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm going to a meeting tonight. I'm going to do everything differently this time.
Sounds like a great plan to this alkie Dixie, stay in today, in this moment, and just do one thing at a time. Not drinking and getting to an AA meeting was the most important thing to do when I was trying to stay sober.

*Everything* is a very big word, so I would suggest that you do *one thing* differently right now in this one day, like don't drink and get to another AA meeting.

Keep it simple Dixie, and stay in today.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Dixie

Glad you are feeling more hopeful and you are doing the right things to turn your situation around...even if it feels like the upteenth time. Keep at it and be strong. I too, in my last and greatest bout of drinking thought that I had permanently destroyed one my dearest friendships. I had days of misery waiting to see what the outcome would be... I got sober because of it, and she came around with loving arms. I am sure our relationship would not have been mended if I had continued drinking. I realized that the people closest to us feel so helpless and hurt by not being able to rescue us, they do not want to be a witness to our destruction....But, are extremely ready to be a loving support in our recovery.

Blessings to you.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Paused

What am I going to do about college if I can't even think straight? The test I thought I made an A on turned out to be a D and we had a quiz today and I couldn't even remember how to do any of it. Pray that things start to get better soon. I want to do well in school.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Dixie,

forgot you're in a zoo like atmosphere. I'd have been hard pressed to not drink when, I was in college.

You have friends to work out with. That's the best way to get the stress out. What ever type of exercise you enjoy. Run, walk, play tennis anything but sit in a bar or a dorm room and chugging down beers.