Hi Everyone-I've missed you all

Old 08-23-2002, 07:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Everyone-I've missed you all

Hi,

I've missed you guys so much. I don't have a whole lot of time anymore. I'm so busy at my new job which I love by the way. I went to court again Wednesday for child support increase. It didn't do well. It always seems that the system works for the wrong side.

I always try to do the right thing - never want to hurt anyone's feelings or make anyone mad at me so I usually end up screwing myself for the sake of someone else. In this case I screwed myself for the sake of the A - as usual. Will I ever stop doing that? Last time we went to court I made an agreement for less child support than what the Va. Guidelines are since then I realized I couldn't live on just that plus I'm having to pay for health insurance now so I filed for an increase.

It didn't go well. He walked away cloating (sp?) as usual. He's forever getting in trouble with the law - never doing the right thing but always just gets a slap on the hand. It just makes me sick.

I gotta go for now but I'll be back on later. So much to fill you guys in on and questions to ask.

Love,
Galnva
Old 08-23-2002, 11:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you know I have missed ya!!

Glad to hear your liking your new job! It has been literally insane here at work for me ....but it keeps me busy, and I don't have alot of time for my mind to wander.

I know it is frustrating about the child support...at least you do get something~ I also know how costly health insurance is.

Glad to see you around! Keep on keepin on~
Hurry Back!
Love ya
Old 08-23-2002, 09:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Galnva,

Good to see you. I hate court. They just never seem to understand. Some judges are just horrible. I've had really bad luck in court.

There isn't always justice. I just figure the outcome is in God's hands and try to let it go. (After I've thought of all the ways to get revenge for at least a couple of weeks )

Hugs,
MG

Old 08-24-2002, 09:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello Gal!

Anyone who would gloat because he does not have to take responsibility for his children deserves to have his hide filled with salt and to be hung high like the rattlesnake he is. Now of course, you would have trouble with the law if you did that, but heck, it looks like the law is pretty lame in your neck of the woods.

I'm sorry that things are rough for you financially. Remember that. It will help you make better decisions in the future. However, PLEASE, don't waste your time being hurt by his reaction. If he is going to behave like a zero in the humanity department, then shouldn't he be a zero in your concerns?

Hugs and love!
Smoke
Old 08-24-2002, 09:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Galnva

You are fine. Your child is fine. Your new job is great. = 3

He's a jerk = 1

3 minus 1 = YOU WIN!!!!

Don't let money (or lack of it) be the obstacle here. Just trust that your needs will be met on a daily basis. It's called "our daily bread". Most of us woud like to know there's a loaf in the cupboard, but just enough for today is all we really need.

Because he has been a jerk, you have been learning to look after yourself. And the more you can do that, the less you will ever be dependent on anyone. It's a gift. It's a prize. And you are the winner.