Goals

Old 03-09-2005, 10:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Goals

That happens to be something that I am proud of, I set goals for myself and the goals I set, I usually accomplish them. This may seem silly to some, but I set a goal to go through a stack of papers, the stack was only about 5 inches thick, but It needed to be done and that was one thing I really wanted to get done. So it was my goal for the day, and anything more I did was an extra.

I have the ability to set goals no matter how small they are, they are my goals.

Do you know what I think is great about setting goals, I dont have to tell anyone. This is something that I have all to myself. whewwwwwwwwwwwwww hooooooooooooooooo.

and

Guess what, I would have been the only person in the world that would have known that I didnt go through that stack of papers and that I didnt meet my goal that day.

I am choosing to be happy with myself no matter if I meet my goal or not. My H goals are not my goals and that is okay, my goals are for me, his goals are for me too, he needs to get his own goals

Dont you think,

Old 03-09-2005, 10:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It may seem so minor, but to you it is huge!!! Awesome!

I love it when I set goals and I follow through on them. My goal for this weekend is to work on my car. I've been putting it off for a while, but it has to get done.

Way to go Emily....Keep it up!!
Old 03-09-2005, 10:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

my goals are for me, his goals are for me too, he needs to get his own goals

Dont you think,
too funny and very true!
Old 03-09-2005, 10:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Of course, everyone should have their own goals!!!
It's amazing how setting a little goal and making it can make your whole day... but did you have to mention that stack of papers?
Old 03-09-2005, 11:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

Before the program that stack of papers could have reached the ceiling simply because I was so preoccuiped with what he/she/they were doing or not doing I just didn't have time to set goals or do them if I set them.

It takes a great deal of energy to keep up with an alcoholic all the while trying to firgue out what their next move is going to be.

Now I even have time to learn this thing called computering!
Old 03-09-2005, 11:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Do you know how much more time I have on my hands when I stop spending so much of my valuable time trying to figure out his next move, and I stop worrying about what his opinion may be.

Man I feel rich.