Congrats Equus

Old 03-08-2005, 09:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Congrats Equus

I'm so glad you went into this with an open mind and was receptive to the session. Like you said, process it, take what you want and leave the rest.

Grace and Blessings
Old 03-08-2005, 10:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know I'm an argumentative bugger, that's just my way of figuring things through but I do take advice, especially when I respect those giving it!!

I told her about here, and TM (the mental health forum), I told her my friends knew about his drinking. I told her I ride at the weekends and swim in the week.

I asked her for to bits of help. First of all for me to not get pulled under by the stuff I hear (I need that for work too) and second that I didn't want to feel the overwhelming emotional soup I feel when he drinks. I can cope with one or two emotions at a time but when I see a pint in his hand I get all of them at once!!

She talked about not feeling other peoples emotions or at least to be honest that they are actually someone elses. That was the seed I want to see grow but I need to chew on it a little first.

For how I feel watching him drink she said she wasn't surprised - but I shouldn't feel worried because I'm feeling those things, ie I'm not bonkers!! I think that one is on the back burner till she's thought about it!

She also picked up that when D turned up the grief I'd felt for years didn't just disappear. It was odd hearing someone say that, I felt it so strongly on the day we married - like an emotional flash back to the feeling of loss, an overwhelming relief and joy at the same time. I never knew you could feel such opposites in the same moment. She felt I was very afraid I'd lose him - this is true because I already know what that's like.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

equus - wow - sounds like you got someone's money's worth at the session! good for you - chew, chew, chew!
Old 03-08-2005, 10:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think she were about ten years younger than me an' all!! Clever bugger!!
Old 03-08-2005, 10:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

there are some smart younger folks out there and it makes me feel good that there are - nothing like a fresh perspective!
Old 03-08-2005, 11:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Wisdom comes in all ages. Sounds like you found a winner. Hang on to her.

Grace