Do I have OCD?

Old 03-08-2005, 04:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Do I have OCD?

hey,
i have a few obbsessive compulsive tendancies;
Randomly crying when things dont go 2 plan, planning everything WAY 2 thouraly, i cant step on crack in the pavement or the gaps between tiles and pavment slabs, i do weird things like only blink once between lightposts or i start 2 count reflectors or parked cars or lights on in peoples houses and then i cant stop counting, everything has 2 be off and in its right place b4 i can even sit down, my hands always have 2 be clean, i have a day regime and have 2 follow it exactly or i just break down and cry (regimes usually involving drugs and times and stuff), when people come in2 my room, i just freak out, all my CD's and stuff HAS to be in alphebetical order, i get really stressed for no reason, all the light have 2 be the same way round and i can only like turn the pages of a book a certain number of time in a min, i do it all without thinking, its got worse since i started taking drugs and stuff, am i just paranoid or do i have obbsessive compusive disorder?
Old 03-08-2005, 12:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You probably have some tendacies that are both obsessive and compulsive...but I think you are probably trying to control as much of your environment as you can because other aspects of your life are out of control. (drug use, etc)

-pedagogue
Old 03-08-2005, 12:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

u r probly ryt, but its getting freaky
Old 03-08-2005, 04:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

It sounds like OCD, which I've had for a little more than half of my life. I started using to try to medicate it before I even knew what I had. I can tell you if you do have OCD there is a good chance using will make it worse and then you have OCD and addiction to deal with. Also, meth can produce some very OCD like symptoms. How bad were your symptoms before you started using?

Paul J
Old 03-13-2005, 11:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

im not a meth user
but my OC tendancies started just b4 i OD and they've got worse the more drugs i went on. what medication do u have 2 take?
Old 03-17-2005, 03:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Chy

Hey Sarah, good to see you still here! Now no one can say for sure about the OCD, that you need to see a doctor for as we don't give medical advice here...but here is a quote from one of your posts:

ok, im on coke,weed,khat,LSD,mushrooms,poppers, crack and alcohol
...I'm betting therein lies the problem.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

touche Chy
ur right. i think that halucagenic (sp) drugs like acid and mushrooms help along OC tendancies, mabi i should reveiw the OCD situation when im off drugs? just a suggestion
Old 03-19-2005, 01:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Sarah. Hopefully this message can help. I was diagnosed with OCD when I was a teenager. Here are some of the symptoms I personally have dealt with. I find interest in one thing over time (for example: machinery), and I just research and research it. I get the answers, but it is still not enough. My experience with OCD is that you can become interested in one thing, and you will spend all your time focusing on it and still not feel a sense of satisfaction. For example, I am a coaster enthusiast. If I am sober, I find riding roller coasters and amusement attractions as a great way of blowing off steam. There is one carnival/amusement ride with the name "The Enterprise." I have never ridden it, but my dad "who I rarely talk to" raved about it when I was younger. The ride was apparent in California in the eighties, but slowly became extinct in the nineties. I have researched info on the ride. I know what companies offer it. I know that it takes aproximately two trailers to transport the ride. Sadly, I have speant a lot of time coming up with that info. Maybe this summer, I can drive to Paramounts Great America where they offer the ride and ride it, and get it out of my thoughts forever. This is my personal experience with OCD.

Honestly, Sarah, many people have certain precautions they take. I have many of my own which are similar to yours. In fact, I have about thirty of them. Truth be told, were your ever obsessed as much as I was with a piece of machinery, when so many positive and healthy things were happening in your life?
Old 03-19-2005, 04:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

well... not as much, but i do get obbsessed with one thing sometimes
like, a friend suggests we see a film, so i serach it on google, and i just spend the whole week finding crazy peices of worthless imformation and never feel i hav enough. then that just seems to die away and some new obbsession comes up. i dont know weather that has anything to do with it...but.... w/e