Notices

Withdrawal

Old 03-07-2005, 05:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Withdrawal

I was wondering what to expect with crack withdrawal. I quit meth over 12 years ago and started using crack within the past year. i have never smoked it so am afraid, and feel very alone. I have sat down with my husband tonight and finally told him the truth,it hurt but felt good. I am tired of the lying, sick excuses i have made to my children, and husband, for the terrible wife , mother that i have been. I want me back. I'm scared it was very hard to quit the first time, I want to be back to reality life. I miss laughing, living period. I hate the person i see when I look in the mirror. I want me back. Thanks for reading.

Samantha
Old 03-07-2005, 05:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Hi Samantha, and welcome to SoberRecovery.
Here's a link you may find useful.
http://www.crack-cocaine.net/crack-c...withdrawal.htm

The link is from a treatment center, and obviously paints a somewhat worst case scenario. From the little I know, people addicted to crack almost always need a form of support in the early going.

Others will be along to say hi real soon!
Old 03-07-2005, 06:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Samantha,

Welcome! You've come to a great place for support. I'm an alcoholic so can't offer advice with the crack withdrawl, but I'm sure others will soon be along.

Anna
Old 03-08-2005, 03:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
You can do it!!

SAM,
Crack has a withdrawl but it was easy for me to stop! I went to a safe house and slept for 3 days and with crack you just crave it or taste it and by sleeping for 3 days it gives it time for it to get out of your system! But you also need a support system to go along with this!
Hope this helps! My e-mail is [email protected]
Sorry for the short post but I got to go to my clinic for my dose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TALK TO YOU SOON