Stressed...he had to call

Old 08-19-2002, 07:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Angry Stressed...he had to call

Welll guys the weekend was going smooooooooooooooth...until 10:19 last night when the A called...he is NOT allowed to do that and politley told him so and hung up...he called back...this time I checked caller ID and did not answer.... So I went to to bed..........
Next thing I know my door bell is ringing ....it is 11:40 then I hear LOUD punding on my door.....SO I look out and all I can see at the bottom of the hill are head lights....so I call 911. Then I see a guy with a flash light in my yard...YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Well It is the freaking Sherriffs office coming to finally serve the order of protection! I got the local police to do that Thurs. but guess what the local cops forgot to let them know. The scared the living HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH out of me.
Today was really stressful as my A had a confrontation with my son, the one who works for us and a I had a dozen call from my atty as my A was going bonkers. My atty says he is just plain CRAZY!
Tell me....what happens mentally to these A's do the really just go crazy?
Tired and more tired...
LOve Kitty
Old 08-19-2002, 08:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hi Kitty

Well, that sounds like quite the night!! And good for you for keeping your boundary on the phone call thing. The Sherriff probably could have called you first and saved you the fright.

If you A is driving your son crazy, well...you are powerless. Your son will have to make his choices whether to continue in the business and tolerate this or address it, or leave. But it is HIS choice.

And your attorney will have to learn to cope too. You pay him to look after your best interests. It's okay for him to agree the A is crazy, but he shouldn't unload on you. A dozen calls seems a little excessive.

Get some rest...you deserve it. Turn it over and let it go. You have done everything you can do, now let your Higher Power look after the rest.

There are bound to be upsetting moments until everyone gets used to the idea of the new "free" Kitty. Use everything you have learned in your recovery to get yourself through this.

And we're all here to keep cheering you on.
Old 08-19-2002, 08:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

i thought i had got rid of my A in 1984, left him, went to a total different town..didnt matter, he would always be on my doorstep, calling me all sorts of names, banging on doors, being at my windows, calling me, then he loses job and ends up at the same town.. he stalked me, to make a long long story short, dont give in, i did. dont you dare let him wear you down.. you can do this. i let mine back in to have peace, i couldnt take it anymore and all my kids were still little and it was putting them through so much stress.. so now i am where i am today, stuck with a once alchoholic, i know you are always one, but that is not the drug of choice right now as my A's is meth.. and he is dying a slow death and i watch it everyday. so dont let him back into your life.. hang in there. YOU WILL DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2002, 10:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Re: Stressed...he had to call

Originally posted by Kitty
Tell me....what happens mentally to these A's do the really just go crazy?
Yes. We Do.
Old 08-19-2002, 10:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

Kitty,
He does sound crazy, and then the
drinking on top of crazy??? Please be
careful-this is the dangerous time-and he
definitely is not handling the "rejec-
tion" very well. Keep yourself safe,
call 911 if he even calls and threatens
you. He will understand you mean business
sooner or later, he may even wind up in
jail over this.

Take care,
Old 08-19-2002, 11:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

My personal feelings are that if you let him get by with the phone calls without calling the police then he will show up at your door. He is not allowed to contact you. Please call and report the phone calls even if he isn't threatening you. He needs to know you mean it or you may be putting yourself in danger.

If you have caller ID then that is proof that he called and the police have to do something about it. In my line of work we have a policy. We start out tough and ease up later. You can always get easier, but you can't get tougher once they know your weakness. So hit him hard with those phone calls.

An order of protection is useless unless you use it every time.

Hugs,

MG

Old 08-20-2002, 05:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Good point MG,

I even did that when I did daycare...start out tough. I will have to keep that in mind.

We get middle of the night crazy phone calls, too, and we will not be taking them anymore.

Good job Kitty...what MG said is wise!

Hugs,

JT
Old 08-20-2002, 05:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Kitty, hang in there, you can do it, you are in th emiddle of the process, you can make it to the end. Be Tough.
Old 08-20-2002, 08:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Exclamation

Kitty - it's very important that you document this stuff. Every phone call, every attempt at contact, every time you have to call the police, whatever it is. Record the date, the time, and what happened. If you end up going back to court this info will be very important. It will be helpful to your case if you are able to cite specifics. Good luck.

Hugs.
Old 08-20-2002, 08:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks Guys for all your support....today I am feeling less stressed. But It is going to be a real pain I know.
Love Kitty
Old 08-20-2002, 08:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Kitty

Just want to give you my huggybears, to keep with you for as long as you need them!!!

Old 08-20-2002, 09:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hey Kitty,

Each time he contacts you it is going to cause stress. You're doing great. I'm glad you feel better tonight. I could tell you some stories about going through this myself. I lived in the mountains and it took 3 hours for the police to get there each time I called. What a nightmare. I understand how you feel.

Hugs,

MG

Old 08-20-2002, 09:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Paused

THREE hours! #$%^&*(+(
The A got an atty today. This is really going to be something...even my atty....says he is enjoying this...it is going to be a major challenge. OH GREAT..................another talking_______men!
: )
Love Kitty
Anns love those Bears .....I collect srtist bears and I have two the cutest polars : )
Old 08-20-2002, 09:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I BROUGHT THIS BACK OUT OF THE TREASURE CHEST FOR YOU