How to help AH deal

Old 03-05-2005, 12:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How to help AH deal

Hi all I just had a quick question. My husband is an alcoholic, sober 15 months. We are having problems in our marriage but we are dealing. Here is our newest problem.... our youngest son is in the process of being diagnosed with pituitary gland(which is in his brain)problems. The doctors are not sure what is causing this just yet but some of their speculations are; tumor or an infection. Needless to say we are devastated, but I am worried about my Ah. He loves are children more than life itself and one of his biggest fears ever was that one of them would get sick. Now it is a reality and I am worried and would like some advice on how to help him cope with this. Anything would be appricated. By the way our son(with the problem) is only 20months old.

Thanks for listening
Scared and upset
Jordan
Old 03-05-2005, 12:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh Jordan, I'm so sorry about your boy.
I'll hold onto some hopeful thoughts that this is a treatable problem for him.
There is nothing more frightening than having a sick child.
As for your husband, well, you two just have to be there for eachother through this.
Talk about it, vent about it if you have to, cry about it if you have to.
And remember that hard things are just a little easier to get through when you have someone to lean on.
Hugs to you and your boy,
Gabe
Old 03-05-2005, 12:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Jordan - I really don't have any suggestions for you on how to handle this other than what Gabe had already posted.

But I will be send some prayers your way.

(((())))
Old 03-05-2005, 01:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi, I can't really offer you advice on how to help you AH deal with the problem but I can tell you this and hoefully it will make you feel better. I was diagnosed with a tumor in my pituitary gland last February and it was a macro tumor (meaning it was very large) and had to be removed. I had the surgery on May 13th and it went fabulously well. I was out of the hospital in a few days and back to work in 4 weeks. I have no side effects and the part of the tumor that is left is shrinking all on it's own so I will probably have to do little more than monitor with MRI's for the next few years. So it may sound scary but I have done a lot of research on this subject and there are many qualified doctors out there who deal with this problem quite successfully and often they can treat the tumor with medications and they don't even need to do surgery if caught early enough. I wish you and your son the best. I hope this helps put your mind at ease - even if it's just a little bit.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks you all for you prayers Thanks especially to benifits for your experience, It made me feel alot better knowing that people can come through it fine. I am still qiute upset I have no idea what our future holds but I know I will come through this a stronger person.

Thanks
Still worried and upset
Old 03-05-2005, 02:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Hi Jordan,
I'm sorry to hear about your son, but grateful for your husbands sobriety. To both of you, my experience is that the more you can talk to people about this, the more serenity you can have with it. Fear thrives on isolation. This is a great place to share, vent and have a cyber shoulder to lean on. Glad you are here. Hugs, Magic