Notices

Happy Today

Old 03-05-2005, 10:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Happy Today

Hi,

It is a beautiful day here in Georgia and I have already took my dog for a walk, ran errands, and went to the gym. I am having a great day and am so glad that I am sober to enjoy it!
Tonight I an going to a party hosted by the Dr I work for and it will be my first sober party ever, well since I was a child. They will be having games which is good, b/c it wont be completely focused on drinking. Does anyone have any good suggestions on what to say if anyone asks why I am not drinking. I think since it is pretty far from myself I can just say, I dont drink and drive.

Let me know
Christine
Old 03-05-2005, 10:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrtas on another day clean and sober.Glad to here its nice weather in Georgia today.I lived there for a few years myself in Norcross,Kenesaw,Douglasville,and Temple.Its beautiful out here in Oregon today also.I guess I better take Bo for a walk now too.AS for people asking why you dont frink,I havent had to deal with that too much.Usaully I just say no thanks and thats the end of it.If they ask why,I just say I dont drink and smile.You will find most people wont push it.I wouldnt worry about this one.Just go and have a good time.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Christine, that is so good to hear that you are having a great sober day. We need to hear that once and a while. When I was first sober I avoided parties but down the road I just said that I didn't drink. Actually what I found is that people who are not alcoholics don't think anything of that.LOL
Old 03-05-2005, 01:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Boy, you have been busy!! Good for you!! Just like everyone has said, I just say I don't drink, or simply, No thank you. Have a GREAT time!!

Hugs,
Missy
Old 03-06-2005, 06:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good to see your so happy.Going to the office party should be a challenge for you.I,ve had the same thing happen to me were people have offered me a drink and i have said no thanks.I think it depends on how comfortable you feel and saying it at the time.Some people jest say and i have heard them say i,m an alcoholic and am recoverying and they leave it at that and usually say good for you.So good luck...