Decrease Pain or Increase Coping

Old 08-18-2002, 10:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Decrease Pain or Increase Coping

Hi all,

I read something that I posted on my board and I thought of it in a different way for us.

When we are going through stressful or painful situations we can either reduce the pain or increase our coping methods. For a lot of us here there is no way to reduce the pain because it is caused by another human being with a free will to continue their life choices. Some of us can separate from the source of the pain and some of us cannot.

So our recovery is all about increasing our coping methods. Life keeps getting better and better as our coping skills improve.
This simplified things for me and let me know that there is a method to this madness. I hope it helps you as well.

Hugs,

MG

Old 08-18-2002, 10:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hi MG

I read this on your board too, and also thought that it applies to all of us here.

I heard someone share once at a meeting that they had stopped living in the "problem" and had started living in the "solution".

Once we acknowledge and address our pain or problem, it is time to offset that with coping and living in the solution. A better balance.

Thank you for sharing this here.
Old 08-18-2002, 11:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

I think this is appropriate to all the boards.

Thanks MG.