Notices

Ahhhhhhh!

Old 03-02-2005, 12:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rec. Addict In Need

Angry Ahhhhhhh!

Tonight is my 2nd night on this site. I thought that if I found a place to go and have people around me that have been in my place or are in my place, that the urges would not be so serious, not tonight. Its past 12:30 am here in Vegas and I cant sleep, I dont even think I could lay down for 5mins. I am shaking and sweaty, What I dont get is I have not used in months but each day I swear the urges get worse. Someone help me please..
Old 03-02-2005, 01:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Agnostic with faith

Hi Kliscouss, I personnaly know what you're going through. Those are physical symptoms that sometimes take ages to go away. Sorry, if you haven't used in month, your boody is clean, but not your mind. Meaning your symptoms are pshycosomatic, induced by your mind.

Now is the time to go to an A/A meeting, listen to what they have to say, vent there, they will help you. Do this asap and I promise you'll feel a new person.

Huggs - Pedro
Old 03-02-2005, 06:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Kliscous,

Welcome to Soberrecovery. It really depends on what your drug of choice was (including alcohol) to know how long withdrawls last and it's different for everyone. We use for years and can't expect to feel better in such a short amount of time. I know for me it took a year for me to really feel like myself again. It's very hard to get clean and sober by yourself. Basically because you're left with your own thoughts and as alcoholics and addicts our thoughts inevitably turn back to what will make us feel better. The trick is to find something else to make you feel better like talking to other alcoholics in recovery like you are now.

Take a look at the alcoholism forums and read a little. You may want to ask people what they do to stay sober. Welcome and we're glad you're here.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
still moment by moment

I have not used in 30 days today. And I am certain the urges today are worse than they were the first week (after the detox thing). I wish those urges would go away, God I wish they would go away. Truth is I miss my pills so so so much still. And I don't feel particularly grateful and happy that I am not using. I hear that other people do, but I just miss them.

Although, I don't want to want to use, so I am trying. I made myself a deal that I could use again after 90 days if I still wanted to. But that I had to be clean for a full 90 (consecutive) days. It is so gosh darn hard.

My doctor told me to think of my mind and body like a cruise ship. The throttle is easy to turn (like my body) but the ship itself takes a long time and makes a slow wide turn - (like my brain.) The brain takes a long time to catch up with the body.

So, okay, that means that eventually it has to catch up. Sometimes I wonder if my mind will ever catch up - if it is permanently broken so it isn't possible to make that turn completely.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Kliscous,

I too just went on this site yesterday morning after laying in bed all night shaking, pouring sweat, changing clothes and in a generally miserable state...filled with fear and loathing of myself. I am feeling better now after 2 days and the messages I received yesterday, all of the support, concern and encouragement got me through. yesterday and this morning. I hope you keep coming back and we can get through these pains together.

I will breathe in your pain and send back clean energy for your next day.

Blessings,
Lance
Old 03-02-2005, 07:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome i hope you are feeling better when you get this message and keep posting lets get to know you.
indigo
Old 03-02-2005, 05:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rec. Addict In Need

Well its the next day, and I probably slept for a total of 1hr, which is more then I have slept in a long time without getting up. I woke up this morning with a pounding headach and the only thing I could do was vomit. This is so horrible, I have not smoked weed in like months..Everyday is so horrible, I wake up and want to use, I watch tv and do my daily activity's and I just want to use. What is wrong with me?
Thank you to everyone who posted and gave me hope that I can do this, It means alot to me. I am here for anyone who wants to talk.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Kliscous,
The first week of recovery is brutal! There's nothing wrong with you! It will get better. Stay strong!
Val
Old 03-03-2005, 02:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR

Sending you hope,strength and prayers!
Old 03-03-2005, 06:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Agnostic with faith

Just listen Val-Light and Time4Me. The first week (sometimesless, sometimes more) is brutal, but it has anend and you're getting closer to it. Just a suggestion: if you're not beeing followed by a Doctor maybe you could do so. I was and the first days were less painful. When I was not, I'm sure a got a good glimpse of Hell.

I too will be here if you want to talk. I'll visit this thread every 2 mns. or so.

See ya - Pedro.