Hockey town

Old 02-28-2005, 08:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gracey

Hockey town

We went to the (red wings) Joe Louis Arena this weekend, my son had a hockey game, his team lost by one, but it was very exciting. Probably the one and only time I will ever be able to sit right behind the bench. I took lots of pictures and lots of little clip movies.

We took a non-intentional dry run on Saturday, quite frustrating because i somehow got my dates mixed up and the actual game was on Sunday.

I somehow managed to get him to his regular game on Saturday, and then went back to the Joe on Sunday. So it was a hockey filled weekend.

It is so funny, because his baseball coach called yesterday, and yes, they are ready to start practices. As I am looking at 5 inches of snow covering the ground.

How fun I love baseball season.

Old 02-28-2005, 08:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

sorry to hear your son's team lost - sounds like you got quite a bit of road time in this weekend! glad you are enjoying your son's extra-curricular activities and want to be an active part of them!

btw - we're expecting 3-6 inches of snow by tomorrow evening so I hear ya!
Old 02-28-2005, 09:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Gracey,

May I ask how old your son is? (or what level he plays at.) My daughter is 14 and has played ice hockey for 7 of them. Spent the weekend in the rink but we do most weekends. As far as playing in Joe Louis Arena it musht have been very cool for him..Heck with the NHL gone someone might as well use it.....
Old 02-28-2005, 11:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

We have season tickets to a junior league team here, right on the ice. Its a lot of fun, and you wouldnt believe how full the stands are for each and every game. The players are age 14-21 and they play HARD. I love it!

As for baseball, I thoroughly enjoyed watching both of my boys play little league ball thru the years. I almost went CRAZY the first summer that neither of them played!

Enjoy. It passes much too quickly.

Barb
Old 02-28-2005, 12:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Gracey

My son is 11, this is his first year in hockey, so I am new hockey mom, but I just love it. He is in a fundamental league, where it is mostly learning, he will be in the same league next year, and then he may be good enough for travel, who knows.

There are some girls on my son's team, they play the same 4 teams over and over again.

Old 02-28-2005, 02:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Doug

We've got more snow coming right now Gracey, good luck with baseball.

Which seems odd BTW, one of my sons plays baseball but they're no-where near ready to start yet, and their still playing B-ball games. August brings on Football. I wish I had half his energy. Year round sports, its great to watch them!

Old 02-28-2005, 05:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I don't know anything about hockey or much of any other sport than a little football and soccer.

But I couldn't pass by without saying Hi to you Gracey.....lol.

I hope all is going well for you.