Just touching base

Old 02-27-2005, 04:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just touching base

Well, Things are going along as "usual". I went to my secone al-anon meeting. When they asked if anyone had a topic for the day, I raised my hand right away and said "Detatchment"! They all liked the topic. I got a lot out of it. Everyone seemed to have something good to "take away" from the meeting on it. One lady told a story about a tree stump in her yard that she had been pestering her AH to take out, but he kept putting it off. So finally she planted flowers around it! Then she said within 2 weeks, it was gone!

I am practictising trying to "step out" of the situations and look at them from a different view. Seeing him for what he is, and not reacting to situations in a cody way. It really does take a lot of concentration to do that! He went to the bar again last night, and my first thought wast to get mad, but then I thought, I will just do what I want and enjoy the evening to myself! And I DID!
Old 02-28-2005, 05:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

cup - practice makes perfect. it is tough to change those behaviors we have operated under so long. i am still finding it difficult but not as difficult as when i first sought recovery. keep going to the meetings - it helps reinforce the change we want for ourselves. thanks for sharing!
Old 02-28-2005, 05:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cupowater
He went to the bar again last night, and my first thought wast to get mad, but then I thought, I will just do what I want and enjoy the evening to myself! And I DID!
Way to go cup!!! You're doing great.

Jessica
Old 02-28-2005, 08:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

I am fully aware that there are meetings that are absolutely useless to us in our recovery. But, there are twice that many that will help us. You found one and I'm so very happy for you.

Keep up the good work. Learning to think outside the circle helps too.

Blessings