Any ideas for cheap fun?

Old 02-25-2005, 09:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Any ideas for cheap fun?

I am really having a crummy couple of days in a row and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for things I can do for myself that dont cost alot of money?

I am really feeling like I need some me time and cant afford to do much about it.

I feel like a rotten person bc I told my b/f (hes been demoted from fiance now) that he could not take my care the 35 miles to visit his people at rehab every day...too many miles on my car not to mention the gas that this wonderful SUV sucks down. I have also told him he cant drop me off at work and keep my car all day anymore either. Not acceptable that I work and pay for things while he gets a f-in free ride. I really want to spend time with my oldest and best friend, but NOOOOOOOOO, that would mean I am being selfish for not wanting to be with him every second of every day!

Okay, back on track..sorry folks, can someone tell me what sort of fun things they have done when money was an issue?
Old 02-25-2005, 09:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lightbulb

Okay, back on track..sorry folks, can someone tell me what sort of fun things they have done when money was an issue?
South Park Game

Try this - you can make South Park piccies of your friends!! To save all you have to do is hit the 'Print Screen' button and then paste the result into a picture file and crop the menu off.

It's had some of my friend group in fits!!
Old 02-25-2005, 09:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If I can't afford a pedicure (about $20) I do one myself... it's just one of those things that makes me feel better! Go to a movie (I go to the dollar store to get my candy first!)... go out for an appetizer (cheaper than a meal) with a friend. Or take a long hot bubble bath for FREE!
Christine
Old 02-25-2005, 10:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Lotions and Potions

I have two friends who are both coincidently named Susan hahaha. We have Lotion and Potion days when we want a lift!

We meet at one of our homes and bring ALL our makeup, day creams, night creams ect ect and we PLAY! Manicures, pedicures, try new colors ect! We usually put on a "chick movie" and have a ball.

Other free ideas:

A walk in a gorgeous place..beach, park, woods
Go to the mall, check out all the scents and samples in makeup departments
Have a visit with God. Visit your favorite church.

Ideas for less than ten bucks

Starbucks in a Barnes and Noble. Get a great cup of coffee or tea and read, read, read!
A matinee.
Lunch with friends at someplace cheap and fun...hot dog stand, salad place, coffee shop.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

I'd leave a note that say's "See ya (fill in day/time)." Then off I'd go. Do what YOU want, just window shopping and an icecream is a nice day out.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I like sports so I go swimming, skating or play badmindton. It's just couple of dollars.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My absolute all-time favorite thing to do when I just want to get away for awhile and I don't have a lot of money is: grab a book and head to the nearest coffee shop, get some tea and sit there and read all day long. It's relaxing, and there's no distraction.

In the summer, I go to the park.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Bubble bath with the works; music, candles, chocolates, and ABSOLUTE privacy. Soak until pruney.

Call a girlfriend or two and do chic flick night.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi,

If you like reading the Barnes and Noble or Borders book store is a great way to go...Get a coffee or some decadant dessert and read their books...
Old 02-25-2005, 06:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Our local grocery store (Albertsons) has these great "spa" things by the makeup isle. Grab yourself a foot spa, hair spa and face spa. The spa packets are only like a dollar. Then get some nail polish for your toes and fingers, and have a "spa" day. I also color my own hair cuz I can't afford the real deal, and that for me is usually fun too. I would light the room up with candles, get some funky fun or relaxing romantic music, and enjoy. If you don't have any great CDs, you can always go to the radio on your computer, they have anything you are in the mood for. If you have any close gal pals, invite them over to have a "spa" day with you. You do need some "you" time, so take it. Wash your troubles away...or at least for a couple of hours. Hope you find some way to "get away" good luck!!
Old 02-25-2005, 06:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I like turning my music on really, really loud and doing alot of singing and dancing. The louder the better, than you can make yourself believe you sound good.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I kept my sanity by learning to knit. Is there a hobby you have always wanted to learn? Most places have free or cheap classes you can take. I also use the local library and hide in a quite place and read until my family finds me.

Good luck.

Jenny
Old 02-25-2005, 07:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
May it be

Location: A new day. Today I just see bright colors, in the small world of my dreams.
I also like the bookstores, some borders bookstores have the headphones to sample cds, I can spend lots of time doing that. Find a local small restaurant that either uses the insulated coffee pots for the table, or free fillups... I use to read the paper or a book for hrs at a place like this. Also go to the library, some of them have dvd, and vcr tapes to take out for a week, for free, sometimes. The library I belong to, you can get online and request movies from their selection and a lot of other libraries in a network. I read a tip online once, that a woman took her children to more than 30 parks in a summer, they had a blast and it's for free.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ugh!

Try Slingo.com it's my new addiction, I love playing when I'm in a lazy mood like tonight.

Hugs

~FaithChaser