Notices

Hello everyone! I need help.

Old 02-23-2005, 03:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! I need help.

I'm new here, but I have browsed the forums for some time. I think that this is a good place to start my sobriety; there are a lot of really good posts and really good people, so I decided to register.

I have systematically destroyed my life over the past six years. Destroyed my relationships, my health, my sanity, and everything else I can think of. It is time to take a stand and stop the drinking which is killing me so slowly. It is time to stare sobriety in the eyes and never look back down the drunken path that has led me here.

I look forward to being a constructive member of society instead of the destructive force that I have been for so long. It's going to be tough, but I can do it - I can create a new reality for myself.

Thanks for all the great posts out there; I know we all find solace in them.

Old 02-23-2005, 03:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Hello there!! Welcome to SR!! Glad you're here!! Just make yourself at home. Read and post wherever you feel comfortable. A better life is waiting for you. Stick around, there's alot of experience, strength, and hope here!!

Hugs,
Missy
Old 02-23-2005, 03:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Hope you find what you are looking for in here, but more importantly, a face to face recovery program may help a whole lot more. AA works for me...

Either way, best of luck and welcome to SR!

Ken
Old 02-23-2005, 03:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome!

Welcome to SR! I know that you will find a lot of nice people that care and will help in any way that they can. Although it is really up to you whether you want to stop or not. Good luck and welcome again!
Old 02-23-2005, 04:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome! You've come to a great place for encouragement and support and you'll always be inspired here.

Anna
Old 02-23-2005, 04:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Welcome!

Glad your here. I can I.D. with the total destruction of your life thru the abuse of alcohol.The good news is that if we dont drink, a day at a time ,we can rebuild it. I have met alot of great people in my recovery program and on this sight who have helped me to do just that. Bless, Trish
Old 02-23-2005, 04:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It is time to stare sobriety in the eyes and never look back down the drunken path that has led me here. I look forward to being a constructive member of society instead of the destructive force that I have been for so long. It's going to be tough, but I can do it - I can create a new reality for myself.
Hi Jay,
Welcome. It's me Val. It sounds like you're ready to shed some old skin (The Snake). That's good that you're willing to stare sobriety in the eyes because it really is going to take all of your focus. HOWEVER, if you're like the majority of us, you will spend MUCH time looking back down the drunken path that brought you to this point. And I won't say anymore about that because you probably are already aware of what I'm talking about if you've attended an AA meeting. If you haven't attended an AA meeting then I hope you will at least consider it. So, again, welcome and here's to creating a new reality (and that's water of course)
Val
Old 02-23-2005, 07:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi jradakov,

I too am an ancoholic and was near giving up hope and now have 16 days. For me AA is what I am holding onto in early sobriety. You are in the right place and there are many good people here to help.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hello jradakov,welcome to SoberRecovery.You have come to the right place.Welcome home.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Grateful recovering alcoholic

Hi Jradakov,
Welcome to SR. Changing your life is not easy. Some have mentioned trying AA; that's the program that has worked for me. I wish you good luck and look forward to getting to know you.

Jen
Old 02-23-2005, 09:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

welcome

welcome jradakov!!! THis is a great place and glad you are part of our family now!!! post often so we can get to know you, and remember we are always here for you through the bad and good times. Dot