Notices

me

Old 02-23-2005, 12:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

me

hello as many of you can see my name is bob. let me fill you in .
i will be turning 40 this year and I have spent half of my life abusing meth. as you can see by the time stamp I have a little bit of diffuculty sleeping. Now since my desire to stop using has prettly much left me with no one to talk to that isnt using has made me very lonely along with deeply depressed and borderline suicidal. I am hopeing to start seeing a change in all that about the time I finally wake up sometime today, I have spent countless hours and thousands of dollars on programs and meetings over the last 18 years trying to just simply stop! I am seperated frome the woman that I love and I am trying to get back with her but she also has that monkey riding upon her shoulders, I am going to help her just as soon as I find some help for my self.they say you gotta do this for yourself well If that is the way that I am going to be with the person that i would give my dying breath to well then I guess this is for me for without her there is no me. So in closure to this message I am open to any and all comments and suggestions. please no dark messages like get a life or loser I have heard that enough allready. this is me I am real and would like to remain that way thank you all and good night
Old 02-23-2005, 01:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Bob,welcome to SoberRecovery.Nobody is going to call you a loser around here.This is the best recovery forum on the Net and you can find a lot of good people here and plenty of support.For me its AA/NA.But,there are many other programs out there too.Rational Recovery is another alterative to 12 step programs.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((((Bob))))

Welcome! We know you came here to find yourself. I am sorry you are having such a hard time. You have to get yourself on track before you can be of real help to anyone!! Take it slow and be gentle with yourself......
Old 02-23-2005, 04:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi (((Bob))) a warm welcome coming your way. So happy you've found SoberRecovery.

Yep not a loser, our addiction likes to tel us that plus other bad things. The gang here are the best teachers around Bob, and I'm wishing you all the best in finding what you need.

With love and understanding....Denise
Old 02-23-2005, 06:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Bob,

No one will judge you here. I found that out myself a couple of weeks ago. I have a very long history of alcoholism and am 42. You will get much good advice here, but probably the best is just don't use today. It is a miracle, but thanks to SR and AA I have 16 days today. This is the longest time sober I have had in over ten years. Like you, I tried for years to stay sober and all of a sudden it happened for me (one day at a time and with the help of AA, my sponsor and SR).

Hang in there, keep posting, and consider an NA meeting.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Meetings Coordinator

well hey (((BoB))) Welcome to sober recovery!!! we are a very loving family here although very big but still very loving!! i can understand your going through a rough time and stick around here because if your feeling lonely i can assure you that i'm sure someone else is feeling the same way you are right now. and together we can help each other because recovery is what its all about! i like what jupiter said "the best is just don't use today" if you tell yourself you'll never get to use again it makes it very hard trust me on that i'm 24 and would have alot of bottems to look forward to if i still drank. but i tell myself i'm just not going to drink today.. i'll worry about tomorrow...tomorrow. I hope we can be of some help for you. also with having trouble sleeping well i hate to say it... in the beginning its pretty normal. so at least you know your not the only one. anyways bob your more than welcome to contact me anytime!! we also offer online meetings here at this forum!! so check that out too its under online meeting schedules on your forum pull down good luck again!!

Heidi