Notices

I'm Back From Rehab

Old 02-21-2005, 08:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm Back From Rehab

Hey guys! Remember me? I left to go to rehab on January 28 and now I'm back and this is my 25th day of sobriety. It wasn't anything to be scared about at all. It was my first (and hopefully) my last time. I learned so much and now realize it was so foolish to try to get sober on my own. I'm happy to be home, but home was where I did my drinking, so it feels funny being here. It's too late for an AA meeting tonight, so I thought I'd stop by here. It's good to be back!
Old 02-21-2005, 08:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello, hello, hello!!! Hello, hello, hello!!!

GREAT TO SEE YOU HERE! Cool ya' stopped by, sounds like a great learning experience.

CONGRATS on the sober days........what are you going to do differently now?

Why sobriety now?
Old 02-21-2005, 09:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Lil...
Welcome back to SR... we missed ya . ;o)

Wow... so glad you found the reality of rehab better than your fears... and good thing your fears didn't stop you from going in the first place.

Looking forward to hearing your ESH.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Welcome back! You sound great! Looking forward to hearing more about your journey! I know what you mean about going back to the place you did your drinking = my home was the same. But I have foudn through time it has been transformed -just by new memories of sitting by the fire, chatting, reading, watching tv, etc NOT being drunk! It's great we have the opportunity to make new memories!
Well done!
cathy31
x
Old 02-22-2005, 03:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Hi and Welcome back !!

Great to see you're so well and getting better.

Great news, helps me keep sober today. Now what else can I do to stay sober today.? What other action.? I'm going to work the AA program in all my affairs - that will keep me sober today, as long as I put the effort in.

Check out the chat room if you can.... usually a few of us in there, having a chuckle and getting well.

much love
JC
Old 02-22-2005, 03:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Cool, lilalkie. You've started a long (and wonderfully fulfilling) journey.

BubbaBob
Old 02-22-2005, 03:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome!!!!..Keep on keeping on.One Day At A time...
Old 02-22-2005, 04:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Lil,

Welcome Back! I'm sure you're a bit uneasy being home but you'll be just fine!

Love, Anna
Old 02-22-2005, 05:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Dan

Welcome home Lilalkie!
Take it slowly the first days home from rehab.
I took the better part of a week to feel at home again.
Rushing anything wouldn't be productive anyway.
Hoping you make a meeting today. Keeping the hope found as fresh as possible is a key to a successful day today.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

If your rehab facility has a continuing support group, I urge you to participate. My faciltiy has one and we meet each week and it has been a tremedious help. In my case I met many wonderful fellow addicts and we journey together into the world of a real life and sobriety. My group ends in one year (next month for me) and I will miss the weekly meetings but on the other hand I know that I must go forward. I have already adapted my recovery plan.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for the warm welcome home! I am going to an outpatient treatment facility. My husband is on the phone right now calling our insurance company to see what places are closer to home. I also am going to hit 90 in 90. I'm excited to return to some of the meetings I've gone to before. Lord willing, on Saturday, I will receive my 30 day coin!
I have such a toolbelt of knowledge now to use. I fully realize what it means to drink now, and I'm out of denial. I think denial was part of my problem to begin with. I am getting a sponsor and home group ASAP. In the meantime, I'm not going to be a wallflower at meetings anymore. Get involved!
It will take some time to adjust to being home and creating new routines at home that will keep me sober. Being home does NOT equal being drunk.
It's good to be back!
Old 02-22-2005, 10:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Chy

Welcome home! Congrats, congrats, and hugs!
Old 02-22-2005, 06:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

allright.keep up the good work and as they say go to as many A.A. meetings as you can for the next little while, it helped me.SO good luck and keep posting again and welcome back...
Old 02-23-2005, 09:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

energy

welcome back Lilalkie!!!!!!!! I was wondering, how is your energy level and what do they tell you about that. thats been my biggest problem. i quit using c/t and feel like a 115 year old woman. some days its hard to function. any advice. you've done a great job!!!!!!! love, dot
Old 02-24-2005, 08:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Polkadot,
My first couple days home, I felt soooo tired. I slept 12-14 hours the first two nights and felt groggy the next day. It was almost as if I was hungover. Ugh. But then I realized I had a lot of energy while I was at rehab, and that was because I slept 6-8 hours a night and worked out in the morning. I made a schedule for myself last night, so I could "get into a groove" and so far, it's working. I went to bed at midnight and set my alarm clock this morning for 9. I ate breakfast at 9:30 and worked out at 10:30. And I have energy today! I also started my day with a Big Book reading, prayer, and Bible study. I think sticking to a schedule is helping me stay focused and gives me a purpose each day. I also am going to at least one AA meeting a day. Oh yeah, and I started taking a daily multivitamin.
As far as my Post Acute Withdrawal goes, mentally, I feel like I'm in my 70s. I forget what I was doing ten minutes ago and my speech and thoughts are a little slow. It sucks that I'm 25 and feel like an old woman. But I know that this too shall pass, and gradually, my body, mind, and spirit will start to heal. Don't give up. Let nature run its course. We'll do just fine one day at a time!
Old 02-24-2005, 08:58 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say "Welcome Home!" and a big congratulations!
Old 02-25-2005, 03:29 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

being tired

my schedule is so messed up. like this week i am working thirds and going to school. next week i won't work till the weekend then it will be thirds. my boyfriend said thats whats wrong with me. I just got a lot of energy from those damn old pills i took....now i take nothing and i feel like blah!! but like you said it will have to run its course. thanks for the encouragement, dot