Notices

Need everyones prayers

Old 02-19-2005, 04:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need everyones prayers

My friend Dave, who ive worked with for the last few months has just changed his life forever last night. He and his friend (who also worked with us) were always doing drugs on the job(mainly prescription pills), I joined in occasionaly but havent done them since i decided to quit everything. Well boths of our grandfathers just passed the following week and we were both there for each other and got a lot closer. To get to the point- I just learned from my friend and co-worker that Dave was all ****** up on weed and pills and crashed his car into a tree. He woke up in the emergency room and asked what happened to his dad(my boss) and he told him and he said he knew he hit the tree, he said he did that on purpose.This was an apparent suicide attempt, I havent talked to his dad but he told my friends dad (the owner, and me being friends with his son is how i found out) that he is going to go get help, I dont know if he is going to the insaine asylum or rehab but please pray for my friend.

Sorry, I know that was confusing, everyone at my work is either relatives with the owner or foreman or a close friend.

As ****** up as it sounds, this happening to my friend just made me quitting easier.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

Welcome to SR and I'll add him to my prayers!
Old 02-19-2005, 04:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Evolution)))
Prayers for him....
and for you....
Keep up that quitting...it's the only way you will win!
And we are all here rooting for ya!
Shalom!
Old 02-19-2005, 06:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm an alcoholic who's been to both the insane assylum and rehab, and honestly, they both did me a world of good. Lots of us have done a tour through the funny farm on our way to recovery from alcohol or drugs - both of which make our behavior insane. I seriously doubt he'll get a life sentence to wherever he ends up - it isn't jail, and most of the people working there really are trying to help, so I imagine he is in good hands. I'll say a little prayer for him, just in case, but my suspicion is that a higher power is working for him right now and is with him and he is exactly where he needs to be.

And as for you, I will say a prayer as well. Good for you turning this into a positive by quitting! Remember you are not doing it alone - we are all here to help each other, and when you share something heavy for you, we all help by sharing your burden, which makes the load much lighter for all of us.

Keep coming back!
Old 02-19-2005, 06:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

((Evolution)))
I think that sometimes
our H.P. sends us messages
and we just have to be in the right place,
at the right time to catch them.
I'm glad you were able to "catch" the message being sent to you.

I'm praying for your friend.
Actually this may have been the luckiest day of his life.....

Hugs,