kinda depressed today

Old 02-15-2005, 07:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

kinda depressed today

i wasnt quite sure what to title my post. its only been a week since i broke it off with the ab. i still feel i did the best thing for both of us. as in times before, we said we would remain friends,but this time keep the contact down some- as before, we were just together too much trying to be friends, and so relapsed back into the same relationship too many times.
the contact we do have, sometimes is good because i get reminded of the things that his addiction affects. hence, i validate my reasons for leaving.
today,i had to see him because of our work, and he gave me a bag of my stuff that was at his house. all the stuff that was in the bathrooms and on the back of the bed. (i still have some clothes there)
though i didnt let on at all, it kind of depressed me.
all the other days i have been fine. actually glad to have nothing to stress about, think about, be confused about.looking forward to being with me.
and finding all kinds of new visions.
why do we seem to dwell on the what ifs, rather than what we know was?
i had a rough last 2 weeks with his and other peoples problems. they all wore me out. finally sat,sun and monday i got my sanity back.
tonite i had a nice dinner with my kids. then i came home and unpacked that damn bag............................................... ...........
Old 02-16-2005, 03:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think what you are feeling is totally normal. My ex and I broke up almost 2 months ago. It was definatley for the best for me and my child. In my mind I know that, deep down in my heart I know it too, but for some reason I do still miss him and from time to time I get a little down too because it didn't work out. I think that is just a normal part of being a healthy person with a heart. From what I understand my ex is not at all bothered by our break-up and I've heard some rumors (not sure if they are true) that he is seeing someone else. I think it was so easy for him to move on because he has his beer and drugs to dull the pain and it's a great place to hide his emotions behind. Plus the beer and drugs never ask anything of him, expect anything, they are always there for him, they are the perfect companion.
Stay strong it does get better.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

sunshine

Sorry to hear you're feeling down. This is normal - you are grieving. If you're anything like me, you are grieving for the man you WISH your ex was rather than who he really is. I have written a list of all the reasons why I left the relationship so that I can refer to it when I get a bit wobbly.

If you still have things at his place, I would suggest getting them out asap. Otherwise in moments of weakness, you have a ready made excuse to contact him.

Oh, and don't forget, other people's problems are theirs to own. You don't need to get involved if it's affecting your sanity.

take care.

Love

Minnie
xxx