NOW....he's decided to change!

Old 02-15-2005, 05:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

NOW....he's decided to change!

Anyone on here who knows me, knows what my situation was like.

I lived with a verbally abusive alcoholic for way tooo long.

Every time he came home drunk, he screamed, yelled, and called me names that I don't even want to repeat. Life with him on the weekends was pure hell.

Twice last year, he told me to get the f**k out. In November, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. There was absolutely no compassion or caring from him. In fact, he became even colder towards me. A couple of weeks before Christmas, I asked him what he wanted. He told me, for the 3rd time, that he wanted me to get the f**k out.

Well, I hate the cancer surgery on December the 27th, and on January the 7th, I GOT OUT!!!!

I am living in my own apartment. I am at peace. I am happy. I have serenity. And best of all, I am cancer-free. LIFE IS GOOD!

He called me a couple of weeks ago and told me that he is going for counseling to deal with his anger. He is trying to stop drinking. He is also going to start back to Church. I truly hope that he can do all these things, BUT I'm not holding my breath. Nor, am I planning on getting involved with another alcoholic.

Life is just too short!
Old 02-15-2005, 06:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you. Life is too short to deal with all the drama. I left my relationship when I realized that this was not what I wanted out of life. I wanted to be happy. I deserve to be happy and so do you!!!! Any relationship is going to have it's ups and downs, that just life. But when the down far outweighs the up its time to make a change.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Caring for the 3 little bears

Grace! glad you hear you are still doing so well!!!! hip hip hooray. Are you having any other treatment, or was the surgery all?

I hope for his sake, he does do the things he says he is thinking about doing - but glad you are not getting involved with him again right now. You need this time to heal, peacefully.

I am so glad this new place for you to live worked out... that situation was in my prayers for you! Blessings happen!!! Yeah, nice to hear some good news on these boards lately.

Take care and peace.