Anns...I am the old chick here : )

Old 08-10-2002, 07:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Anns...I am the old chick here : )

I had to look................. I am three years older : )
Love Kitty
Old 08-10-2002, 08:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Well, granny, dust off your rocking chair LOL, cause I'm right behind you.

I would have guessed you as much younger because of your spunk and energy and youthful attitude. People that meet me usually think I am a fair bit younger than I am too, mostly because of my energy and attitude. I haven't had any major (or minor) facelifts, but nature and Miss Clairol have been kind to this gal. Most days I feel about 40 and some days I feel 105. My mother was like this. When she was 80 I couldn't keep up with her and I have energy plus.

So, Miss Kitty, I didn't see the year next to your birthday . But it is good to know that us "mature" gals have still got it. And thank God for hormones (and the odd fork )
Old 08-11-2002, 05:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
mo

Well guys. .I beat you both I am four years older and by the way are you still taking hormones Anns with all the controversy??

When hospitals are looking for "older" nurses they ask for "seasoned" nurses to apply.

Do you think we are seasoned women?

Sounds like something to do with cooking. .

We are having an alanon picnic today in our community. I am going to do everything I can to get my butt there. The reading in Courage to Change book talks about isolating.

I still do not know if my daughter is home? Still missing in action or. .worst as my imagination haunts me. .hurt and lying somewhere.

I asked my husband if he feels any need to go over to her house and see what is going on. In his typical male fashion (drives me crazy). ."Why would I do that?"

Oh to not be codependent!!!

Blessings Mo
Old 08-11-2002, 08:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hi Mo

Seasoned??? LOL. Well maybe I am a little salty, and the pepper keeps me perky...I guess "seasoned" is better than "ripe" or "vintage"

And yes, I take hormones. I read all the controversy and am not in the "risk"zone. I have only been on them for about 6 months and will probably only stay on them for a few years, and I see my doctor regularly, and my other health and family background is good, except for osteoperosis which has some history in my family and which taking hormones helps.

The short version of all this is that I was suffering terribly with hot flashes and mood swings and the hormones have made me feel like a human being again.

I pray for you and your daughter everyday. Like my son, she is just doing it her way and there is not much we can do. If going to see her would help, then go. But you know the can of worms this can open too. I know with my son I just have to weigh each situation and sometimes I stop by and mostly I sit back and pray. He does call and stop home off and on, and I guess that does help me feel better. Letting go is best for me, as often as I can. It has helped me learn to turn it over to a Higher Power.

Have a great time at the picnic. Doing fun things for ourselves is a wonderful tool in our recovery. And you deserve fun!!!
Old 08-11-2002, 10:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Mo,

My prayers are with you. I am one who gets the information I need to feel better. It hasn't seemed to hurt anything. I may just call over and make up a reason for calling just so I know that my son is alive.

He never knew why I was really calling and I felt so much better when I hung up the phone.

M.I.A. is really hard on all of us when it happens. Our imagination starts running wild. Ann is much better at letting go than I am. I still need to learn to do that.

Hugs,

MG

Old 08-11-2002, 11:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Before you give me too much credit, my son has only gone about 10 days at the most before he calls. It is the fact that he usually calls every day that makes me nervous when I don't hear from him. It is out of character for HIM.

We do not have to be perfect in every way here, we just have to use the tools we have and do the best we can. And what is best for me, may not be best for someone else.

If you are having trouble dealing with this, try calling. But have your helmet of recovery on and be prepared for what you may hear. Like MG - all I really want to know at times like this is that he is alive. Alive is a good start. Or as JT often says "go with your gut".

And your husband sounds like mine. They care as much as we do but they are not codependent and can let it go more easily. As much as that can drive me crazy too sometimes, I am grateful for one stable person in the family who is always there for me, even when I am crazy.

Good Luck.
Old 08-11-2002, 11:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

OUR NEW BANNER
Old 08-11-2002, 01:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
mo

Hi Everybody. .Kitty, Anns and MG

I know if I go over and check things out I will be sick with what I see. It is almost better not knowing and if she hasn't come home at all since 8/2 than I will have a major case of the quivers. I called the police a day of so after she took off and he gave me the same old Ho Hum. .she is an adult and is allowed to disappear. What worries me. .(I watch too much Court TV) is that her husband has a violent temper and there are holes in the wall all over their apartment. I could picture him hurting her. I suspect though she has shown up because he . .the husband. .has not called wanting to know if I heard from her.

This is a mess. Believe me I have called all the authorities (police, Children Services. jails) but no one wants to step in and meantime when I get all involved in the mix I get very very sick.

So I am staying away . .a day at a time. .and putting those little ones and my daughter in God's Hands.
I don't know if that is right or wrong but I know I can't do anything about this situation . I have tried Everything so I am peace with that.. I think

I tink I better start back on my hormones. .or better yet I need some of that stuff that Bonbon is taking

Blessings Mo
Old 08-11-2002, 01:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Mo,

If it's right for you, then it's right. We all do things a little differently around here. We do it the way we can handle it. Your strength and courage though all of this is remarkable. I admire you for the way you are dealing with this and you are an inspiration to all of us.

Hugs and prayers,

MG

Old 08-11-2002, 02:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Paused

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh a BIG Heads UP!
NO hormones here EVER....and gee if any of you are taking them now is the time to jump off.

Love Hormoneless Kitty
Old 08-11-2002, 02:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Well, just what is your secret Kitty??

:p MG

Old 08-11-2002, 03:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Paused

Genetics? I don't know....I have a theory...I wonder if it is true...I never took birth control pills....and I even asked my doctor who was always against hormones. I had no problems ( except for a bit of screaming and yelling and that is not that uncommon with me LOLOL) and went through those years pretty easy. It seems my friends who took the pill for years have had the worst time with the change. I keep asking everyone just to see if this might be a link. Maybe it is all crazy. Just a theory.
Last year I thought I might go on them to preserve my skin...( VAIN VAIN VAIN) and my internal meds doc went nuts! Telling me I would be sorry...that with in the next few years we would all see them being pulled from the market...or at minimal being told how unsafe they are. Guess this guy is pretty smart huh?
Be careful all.............. got to watch our bodies...I am not always the best either : )
Love Kitty
Old 08-11-2002, 03:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Maybe they should study you to see what you have that we don't have.

Why don't they do that? You would think that would give them the answers. You have something that I don't have. mmmmm.....

Hugs,

MG

Old 08-11-2002, 03:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

It must be the size 6, lol. Maybe body fat is a key factor. Not many women are a size 6 at menopause.

Hugs,

MG

Old 08-11-2002, 08:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Paused

MG....................
Neither was I, menopause was six years ago for me and I got pretty heavy, I gained 30 lbs! I just spent the last year taking if off..for a number of reasons.........one being my cholesteral level was 350! Second I did not like myself much at all. I am glad I did it...and it was hard work too.
I hope you don't think I am being smug about this...because I am not...nothing comes easy
Love Kitty
Old 08-11-2002, 08:33 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Oh darn, I thought I had it figured out. 350 cholesterol is pretty high. I am so sick without hormones that I can't quit taking them. I went from thin to gaining 20 pounds overnight it seems. I'm lucky because my good cholesterol is 105 and counteracts my bad colesterol.

There must be a reason that some women do fine without hormones and some don't. My own mother never had to take them and never got a hot flash. You would think it would run in the family.

Good for you Kitty losing all that weight and keeping it off at that. That is hard work.

Hugs,

MG