Notices

Are Alcohol Black Outs Real, Tell Me About Yours.

Old 02-15-2005, 12:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
harleygirl92156

Are Alcohol Black Outs Real, Tell Me About Yours.

Are alcohol black outs for real?

Do you remember some things and not others?

Will you ever remember the events?

Tell me about your black outs and some of the things you did that you would have never done sober!

Thanks
Old 02-15-2005, 12:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

I ______________...
I used a ________________________...
I don't remember doing it.
But I did.
Blackouts are real.

Last edited by Dan; 02-15-2005 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

I've had periods of remembering some of the evening and I've had total blackouts. I'd have perferred to have passsed out. It's always kind of scary to look back and wonder how I drove somewhere. I hit a guard rail on an interstate highway, drove unto the oncoming traffic back into my own lane.

Lcuky I didn't kill any one. I had my first blackout at around 13 or 14. The last one I had I woke up in a county drunk tank.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Blackouts are real.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

I can only assure you black outs are real, can't understand the necessity for the gory details, but to each his own.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
doing the inside job

I would, but i can't remember.lol
Just waiting up in strange places and people tell'in me
I did stupid stuns. Scary !
Old 02-15-2005, 02:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh YES black outs are real. I remember being in the bar and having a few drinks, the next thing I remember is waking up sick as a dog and puking.

Well, I called a few of my girlfriends who told me that I took off my high heel shoes (my favorite ones) and threw them at some guy who was being obnoxious. Well I denied doing that to the max. Well the owner of the bar a very good friend from childhood, told me that I did. I said to him, "come on Joe, I didn't do that, why are you saying that?"

He told me to come and get my shoes, he saved them. LOL Well they were my favorite shoes, and I never went to get them. I was too embarrassed, because I am sure that because they knew me very well, that they weren't telling me ALL that I did that night.

Apparently that guy who was being obnoxious, wasn't the only one. I just don't remember it, but he sure did!! lol

p.s. the guy I threw my shoes at, came walking through the doors of AA about 6 months after I did.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
anyone who ever had a dream

Black-out's are real, although I've only had them two or three times (I have no idea how). Maybe I had them more, I just forgot!!!

But seriously, if you're experiencing black-out's, I hope you have good friends. They're a dangerous frame of mind to be in.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
new life

Woke up on a strange beach 100 miles away from starting my 1st Tequilla Sunrise 2 mornings before, no carkeys, no car, no wallet, just a pair of jeans, sandals and a category 10 hangover, just to get back to see a video of what i forgot to remember.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Are you guys saying you can have a blackout that last's a couple of days?
Old 02-15-2005, 03:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

"Are you guys saying you can have a blackout that last's a couple of days"?

Very much so........stranger things have happened!
Old 02-15-2005, 03:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
doing the inside job

like mikee said, i woke up at a beach 100 miles away from
home and can't remember how I got there. What sucks
is I didn't have gas money to get home.

Then there's the intentional blackouts when it got really bad.
I was never lost becuase I didn't care where I was at. A blurrr
for weeks or months at a time. Some people call that going
on a run.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

They are real alright....and some are a wake up call...darn scarey when you can't remember.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh they're real all right! Lets see one had me waking up behind the wheel of a company car with three cops behind me swerving down the highway. One time me and some friend were drinking in our home town, the next minute I was at a rave in San Francisco peeking on four hits of acid, missing a shoe and a glove. Then there were all the times I woke up and I should have been HIV+ because I didn't know who I'd slept with, and I obviously hadn't used protection...ahh the good ole days.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Macphisto
Are you guys saying you can have a blackout that last's a couple of days?

My first sponcer and some friends went to Tijuana back in the day, to get prescription drugs. He said he took several. The next thing he knew he was in a motel room in Palm Springs and it was over a month later, and he had no memory of what transpired.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:19 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi all -- I have what I think of as 'brown outs', I have to check the caller ID to see who I may have talked to, and then have to try to reconstruct the conversation. Odd thing is, I apparently can hide my affliction quite well. My husband just left on a 5 day golf trip and asked if I would be able to stay sober. My thought was STAY?
Old 02-16-2005, 09:31 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

they are not only REAL, but progressive. Im 43 now but even when I first got my drivers license at 16 .the dreaded morning after "" Dent-Check's "" on my car to see if I'd hit anything.Once reported my car stolen ...only to find it days later when the bar owner called me.Gotta laugh now but once did all the dishes for a party of 75 people because a girl told me I adamently promised to do them the night before. when I was all done 2 hours of scrubbing....they were all laughing at me because they knew I was in a tequilla black-out the night before and I never said nothing about dishes.. I was SO HUMILIATED because they knew I was drunkin sleep-walking didnt remember nothing & of course waking up in the county jail for the 3rd time not having a clue if it were for homicide, car wreck??? scary
Old 02-16-2005, 09:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

BLACKOUTS>BROWNOUTS<WHITEOUTS

they are not only REAL, but progressive. Im 43 now but even when I first got my drivers license at 16 .the dreaded morning after "" Dent-Check's "" on my car to see if I'd hit anything.Once reported my car stolen ...only to find it days later when the bar owner called me.Gotta laugh now but once did all the dishes for a party of 75 people because a girl told me I adamently promised to do them the night before. when I was all done 2 hours of scrubbing....they were all laughing at me because they knew I was in a tequilla black-out the night before and I never said nothing about dishes.. I was SO HUMILIATED because they knew I was drunkin sleep-walking didnt remember nothing & of course waking up in the county jail for the 3rd time not having a clue if it were for homicide, car wreck??? scary
Old 02-16-2005, 09:33 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Stopping the tornado

Blackouts are definately real, I have had many. Sometimes I never even realized I had them until my husband would tell me something I did the night before and I could not remember it at all. Other times I knew they happened b/c I just couldn't remember large parts of a day.

mbtired, I am alot like you. I would check the caller ID in the morning & try to figure out what happened. Sometimes I would keep a pen next to me and write down stuff so I could see what I did in the morning. How pathetic, I wonder why it didn't occur to me to stop drinking rather than have to write down what I did at night.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:58 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Oh boy....I'm so glad I don't REMEMBER!!!!!!!!

Day 23 without a "beer in hand"!!! I'm not drinkin' today..and I thank God I remember yesterday n' the day before n' before that!!!!

Yup...they are realZ....blackouts...scary thing...

Just a' alkie Lunachic