Notices

On line Sponcer?

Old 02-14-2005, 02:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lightbulb On line Sponsor?

I am really curious about on-line sponcer's. I want one. Is it a good idea,
any feed back would be appreciated. Good, bad, or otherwise. Any idea where to look for one ? all sites i've searched are out dated, most recent posts January of 2004, Any body think it's o.k. for a on-line sponsor, if so where do I look???

Last edited by Mr.B; 02-14-2005 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Mr. B! Welcome to sr.com! My name is Tom, been coming here working on two yrs now.

Tell me a bit about yourself, sober now?, if so, how long? First time around getting sober? Been in rehab before?

What do you want/ expect from a sponsor?

Lots, and lots of really great people here. Good support, people who can really relate to you.

Hope you keep posting!

Tom
Old 02-14-2005, 07:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Tom ! This is a great site, your right. I did do 3 month's I.O.P in 1999, And a follow up with 3 month's in group, also in 1999. I stayed the course a little over two years. I was going to AA a few days a week, Fridays and sundays at my home group which i've not been to in a year and a half now. I fell into my old routine, working 50 to 70 hours a week, 7 days a week-All work and no play, I lost my fiance' who had bi-polar disorder. Then my mom died 6 month's after being diagnosed with cancer. Then with every other thing going on I quit my commercial flooring job to start my D.B.A Self employment ,thinking it would be easier and less stress/hours-Boy was I wrong.Anyway 6 month's ago I was charged with O.U.I.L, I left my apartment and side job 45 miles from my sister's home. I had her take me to detox 6 days I was there, and i've been living with my sister and brother in law in the "middle of the country"here in Michigan I have 6 month's and 7 days sober now. I don't get out much and was just curious about on-line sponsorship till I get out into the world again, kind of ease into it again.
I qualified for residential in-patient treatment, and am hopeing for placement in early March. I am really preying I get in, I think I really need it. Hopefully I did'nt carry on to much, I did'nt know how to answer your questions any shorter.I guess I might exspect an on-line sponsor to tell me at my point in sobriety where I should be in the 12 step program or any other helpfull things, I'm not really sure.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great hearing back from you...........

Perhaps some step work? Have you ever completed the steps?

What was you daily routine back in 1999?
Old 02-14-2005, 09:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

In my opinion there is nothing like the real thing, to many variables in online sponsership, do you know who your really dealing with for one?
Old 02-14-2005, 11:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

id like a sponcer too but not sure about this stuff ,first time online
Old 02-15-2005, 01:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

There are options in this.

You could read peoples posts and profiles and ask them to be your sponser. Or you could just ask them if they would help you for a while or with a few specific things. If it doesn't make you inappropriately vulnerable you could post here about specific issues and get a mixed response to choose from.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Mr. B
I just came by to let you know you're in my prayers concerning the sponsor issue. I hope you find what you're looking for.
Val
Old 02-15-2005, 06:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

First off thanks everyone, I'm getting to know the SR system better and really do appreciate the leg up on what's, what. This, where I am, is a really no good situation, because I don't even want to go back to my home group and admit faliure, seems as though I must not even be past "admitting i'm powerless over alcohol" which I am. I just feel; how can anyone take me serious anymore when I was serious before and am now back in this rutt again. I guess that is why I want to go to the impatient treatment so bad now, so I can run from my failures again-by not faceing people I know, And it will probably take the full 90 days to complete my "moral inventory" this time around, I must be at the point where i'm comeing out of shock and denial all over again-Thanks again all...