I'm back...

Old 08-07-2002, 03:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

I'm back...

Sorry I dissapeared without saying good bye but I went on a much needed vacation to Europe for several weeks. The vacation was wonderful! I relaxed and did something for myself in the first time in years!! Any ways, sorry for not saying good bye!

I have not spoken to my ex A since I left on my trip (July 10th) and I'm very proud of myself for that. The old me would've ran back to him as soon as I felt lonely and scared. But the new me has stayed strong and hasn't given in. I've been working on me and doing things for me. When I start getting upset or angry or sad I think of what I've learned here...only I control my happiness. If I want to be happy, do something to make me happy. But I'm discovering life is so hard with or without my ex A involved in my life. I'm really not writing for anything other than a little encouragment that this feeling of being lost and confused goes away (eventually). I'm currently reading Co-Dependants No More and The Road Less Traveled by Scott Peck. Both excellent books! I'm glad to be back. I've missed all of you and I hope everyone is doing wonderful!!
Sunshine
Old 08-07-2002, 03:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Welcome back!

I am so glad you had some time away...we all need that.

The most important thing I heard in your post is that you now know that life is hard with or without him...suprise! It is not all him! We bring ourselves with all of our faults and weaknesses into our relationships and we also have of take responsibilty for our part in mucking thngs up.

But the good news is that with continued recovery those feelings of being lost and confused CAN go away. You sound like you are doing some very right things for yourself...keep up the good work!

Glad to have you back!

JT
Old 08-07-2002, 03:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back Sunshine!
We'll forgive you for not saying ta-ta if you'll tell us the fabulous hightlights!

Hooray for your new found chutzpa! Yes! It gets better. Every day it gets better. Breaking bad habits is hard to do, but the rewards are great! Hang on in there!

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 08-07-2002, 04:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Sunshine Song,

I've been looking for you. I was worried you got lost when we moved the boards. There is a thread back there somewhere asking where you are.

So I'm glad you were out having fun instead of lost in cyber space.

Hugs,

MG

Old 08-07-2002, 04:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome back Sunshine. Hope you had a wonderful trip and that your recovery is just getting stronger and stronger.

Both those books are terrific. I forgot about "The Road Less Travelled", I read it a few years ago and it is great.