Notices

OMG I am so excited!!

Old 02-06-2005, 01:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

OMG I am so excited!!

hi again, well I was looking through the links and resourses pages here on the forum, I can not tell you how excited I am, I found a doctor much closer than I thought, only about 30-45 minutes away, who does the suboxone. It just gives me hope. Oh I pray he will help me. Just to have one more resourse available to help, well that is great. Please everyone pray for me, that I may get some help from this doctor. I have heard a few really positive things about suboxone. Please anyone out there, if you have info on suboxone, how it is taken, if it is a narc? what exactly is it? Is it different than wellbutrin? I am very hopeful. Thanks, this place is wonderful!! Love, becky
Old 02-06-2005, 01:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

I thought I should add, I do understand that nothing will cure me, I am just very excited that there may be something else out there that is available to help.
Old 02-06-2005, 02:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome. It is real good to find a supportive doctor.

Here is some suboxone info;
http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infopag...subutex-qa.htm
Old 02-06-2005, 06:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

I don't know anything about suboxone. Just wanted to say I'm happy you are excited about recovery!! As you said suboxone is not a cure, but there is help out there! Especially here at SR!!

Hugs,
Missy
Old 02-06-2005, 06:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

Hi, good luck to you on suboxone. I'm on it, I take 8 mg twice a day, and it's really helping. I feel good. I'm not high, but I'm not "twitchy" either. It's taken care of the cravings and the withdrawl so I didn't get "sick". You don't swallow these pills, you put them under your tongue to dissolve. It helps if you take a drink of water first.

It is not at all like wellbutrin. Suboxone does have an opiate in it, along with naloxone(which is a from of anabuse) If you are taking that, make sure to tell the suboxone doc. I read on the info sheet that I got that suboxone and certain antidepressants don't mix, and in some cases can be fatal. So please make sure you tell the doc everything you are taking. Good luck in your recovery.