Notices

thanks for the blessings

Old 02-05-2005, 06:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Arrow thanks for the blessings

from those on my 8 months. its only been one day at a time.
i went to a meeting last night to a treatment centre i was in. When it came my time to share i just choked right up. Being in one of the places where my sobriety got a major foundation was overwhelming. To see those who are in treatment right now, well i just remember being there. Im so grateful to my higher power and the 12 step program it's really hard to put into words.... :tongue3:
Old 02-06-2005, 07:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No expectations!

You're welcome, wantneeda! Sounds like you're just cut out for some Hospitals & Institutions service work. Have you considered it? I get a lot of gratitude out of it myself. Just a thought.
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 02-06-2005, 07:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

actually i used to work for home care but was in active addiction full throttle then, i took a years crack leave! I smashed my car obviously there went my job. Then I went to a hospital setting, housekeeping, my ex told my boss that i was on cocaine and i got fired. that was 3 years ago.....I had a job interview this last friday for a private home care company, and possibly have a job there. I still donn't have a vehicle though so would have to get to the clients homes by bus. Not enthusiastic about that but hey I've got to start somewhere right?!
My goal actually is to be an addictions coucilor, who better to relate than an addict!
I have to be 2 years clean in order to take the course though so i must plug away til then, 1 year and 4 months to go, one day at a time.....
Old 02-06-2005, 07:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Yep, being of service is a good thing. I made coffee for our Thursday night meeting for 7 months. I just gave that up last week.
I use the same thing (being of service) in my daily life. Like at work, instead of thinking I am doing more then others, I just keep trying to be helpful!! It works out well for me, but can be exhausting at times. LOL

It is great how the AA program works!! We all help each other and need each other!!
Old 02-06-2005, 01:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by wantneeda
I have to be 2 years clean in order to take the course though.
I'm in a substance abuse counseling curriculum now, but I did not have 2 years when I started. Are you sure about that? I can see them wanting you to have two years before you start working, but two years to take classes? That stinks. Well, maybe this home care thing will work out for you in the meantime, huh? I hope so.

What I meant about service work, and I don't know what they call it in AA but in NA it's called Hospitals & Institutions, is taking meetings in to facilities where addicts can't get out to regular meetings, for example treatment centers and prisons, etc. Your post just sounded like you might enjoy that. You obviously like to help people. Ask your sponsor about it maybe.

Love and hugs,
Eddie