Borrowing some lyrics from R. B. Greaves...

Old 02-05-2005, 05:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Borrowing some lyrics from R. B. Greaves...

"Take a letter, Maria, address it to my wife (oops, meant my AB), say I won't be coming home. Gotta start a new life"....

Today I woke up early, got dressed, and began my weekend chores. Let's see, I went to the bank to withdraw a little spending money for the upcoming week, I did some grocery shopping, and then I stopped at the post office to mail a cookbook to a new friend...

and oh yes, I forgot one thing, I sent my AB a certified letter telling him that he has 30 days to vacate my home.

Surprisingly, I had no second thoughts about doing this today, nor any feelings of guilt, and few feelings of remorse. But I did feel just a touch of sadness.

I sent the letter to his office since he has to accept it in person. I told him I would be drafting a letter last night, but he either didn't believe me, or he thought he could manipulate me into changing my mind. It's probably the latter. He helped me unload the groceries and put them away. Then he began a cleaning frenzie. He seems to do this a lot when he knows he's stepped over one of my boundaries. And while I do appreciate the help, it's not a clean house that I desire. It's a clean partner. I guess he'll never understand.

Since today is the start of my new life, I decided to begin taking care of myself. It was a beautiful day, 50 degrees with crystal blue skys, and the sun shone bright. So I made myself a nice lunch and decided to enjoy the day and go for a walk. I invited my two best friends, my pooches Mary and Marty (aka Pigman).

Several times along the way, I stopped to let neighborhood children pet my best friends. These were happy families, women with their partners and children in tow, laughing and smiling, enjoying each other's company and the beautiful day. I think it was my HP's way of showing me what I've been missing out on for so long.

I came home and decided to watch some TV (Trading Spaces, my fave) and then I took a nice long nap. Yes, today was all about me. And you know what? It felt so good. Now I need to concentrate on getting reacquainted with an old friend--me. I think I'm going to like her.

Yes, today is a good day. It's not an ending. It's a new beginning--the start of a happy new life. Perhaps that's why I can't seem to get this song out of my head:

"Take a letter Maria, address it to my AB, say I won't be coming home. Gotta start a new life."
Old 02-05-2005, 06:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Formerdoormat, good to hear you took some time for yourself on a beautiful day...
Stay strong. ((hugs)) God Bless you on the start of your brand new life!

Fancy
Old 02-06-2005, 08:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((former)))
Old 02-06-2005, 08:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat
Now I need to concentrate on getting reacquainted with an old friend--me. I think I'm going to like her.
I think you will too.

I hope you have many more days like today. It's good to take some time for yourself.

Big hugs to you!!
Jessica