He's out driving and I'd bet my paycheck

Old 02-05-2005, 05:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He's out driving and I'd bet my paycheck

He's drunk.

I went to a funeral today. It was someone he did not know (father of a dear friend I work with) - he had no desire to attend.

I stopped at the store on my way home, got here several hours ago. Door was locked, TV and lights on, no car here...no him. From experience I know what he's doing but I am clueless where he might be so I see little to gain to notify the cops, I couldn't even point them in any direction.

Ideally, I'll pray that he's pulled over or, if he's involved in an accident, I'll pray it's a one car one, HIS.

I HATE knowing...I feel like an acomplice...I have knowledge of a crime that could endanger the lives of innocents. How do others deal with this??????
Old 02-06-2005, 03:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh..hard answer to try and give here. Think I would phone the police and turn him in.
Haven't had this problem. Guess I'm lucky in one way...my AH doesn't drive while he is drinking. He was arrested once..many years ago..for drink driving. Hopefully he learned his lesson. But if he did decide to drive after drinking..I would phone the police. Thats just me. I would feel so guilty,if he would cause an accident and kill some one.
Know this is difficult for you,but you aren't alone. Know other people here have had problems with this.
I hate being married to a AH. The stress alone is overwhelming. If I stay in this much longer I will be completely grey headed!! I am back to bitting my fingernails. May start on my toenails soon!!
Old 02-07-2005, 06:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is always such a tough topic...
I think it's one of the top five fears of folks with an active A in their lives.
I tempered my actions with my ex-AH with what I could live in my head with... if I couldn't like or respect me because of my actions or inactions, then I had to make a different choice so I could.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If you did call the police, where would they look? Do you know where he is?

Maybe they can give you advice on what to do next.

It is scarey - I've been there way too many times.