Notices

Kris36 -- Please Help!

Old 02-04-2005, 11:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Kris36 -- Please Help!

Kris-- I started a new thread for you:

I'm at my wits end. My boyfriend has been gone for two days and I don't know what to do. We have been together on and off for sixteen years. For the past two he has fought this addiction, but this is my first time dealing with his addiction. He's been clean for six months and I just don't know what happened. I'm starting to fear the worst, like he's OD'd or lying in a ditch somewhere. We've just found each other again and I can't lose him. All I want is to bring him home and get him help. Please if you have any tips on where to look, I need your help. I've already tried bars and parking lots around town. Please help me, I'm so scared. Please pray for him to come home safe. Thanks
Old 02-04-2005, 11:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Party'sOver

Hi Kris,

Sorry to hear about this. Regarding finding you boyfriend: People have patterns when they use. Think back when he was using. Is he the isolation type who locks himself in a room somewhere? Does he get an 'anonymous' hotel room? Almost everyone I know who picks up again, goes right back to their old pattern. I did coke and crack and had to be at home and would never leave the house. If I was at a friend's house, I would stay there. With booze, I was usually bar hopping from place to place. I'm sure he will come home and you will be relieved. I wish you the best!
Old 02-05-2005, 06:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chy

I'll pray for his safe return. You can call hospitals, file a missing person report, look at shelters in your area. If he did go back out and is in a black out, he can be anywhere. Does your vehicle have a tracking device if he took it? They can help to. Do you know any of his old using friends that would not put you in harms way you can call? I'm thinking he's holed up somewhere in a blackout and he's got money on him, he'll go until it runs out. Keep us posted. *hugs*
Old 02-05-2005, 07:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((((((((((((Kris)))))))))))))
Hope you got some sleep last night. I added "C" to the prayer list prior to hitting the sack last night. Hope you don't mind but I added you and his Mom as well. Hopefully a few family & friends of we alcoholics and addicts will be along to introduce themselves to you shortly on this thread.

Kiss Heart of Spirit
In Love & Service,
3 Legacy
Old 02-05-2005, 07:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is hard for me to explain in words... but this prayer brings me hope in times of despair.
I hope it can do the same for you.

The Prayer for Peace.... The Prayer of St. Frances
Lord,
make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled, as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying
that we are born to eternal life.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Kris: I'm new to this and I just went through this with my hubby. He called in sick to work and then took off. I found out about this because I called him at the beginning of his shift cuz I was worried about him. Hang in there. This is what I do: it may or may not help. I've been through this several other times and I've fallen apart, and that's not good for YOU. I asked God to keep him in His hands, reminded myself that it's not my fault that he did this and as much as I'd like to try and control the situation, I can't. I know you're scared and your mind is racing. You can't save him, he has to save himself and don't under estimate his 6 months of sobriety. He has seen how it feels to live a sober life and he's slipped. We'll just pray that he's OK and he has a moment of clarity and comes home. My H tells me he's so ashamed and afraid to come home to me to find out what I'll say and that plays a big part in their heads. Try and relax (NOT EASY< HUH???) and get busy doing something, call a friend if you can. HANG IN THERE. There are countless partners who have suffered through this. Does he have a sponsor? My H didn't until about a month ago and I called him and that really helped. He came home finally and we're meeting with his S today to talk. We're all behind you. PLEASE believe that.