too drunk to remember his lies!

Old 02-04-2005, 07:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

too drunk to remember his lies!

About 2 years ago, he created a HUGE drama telling me he had been diagnosed with MS. At that time I was stupid...never dawned on me someone would make something like that up. Few weeks later he admitted it was a lie.

Jump forward to today. I've had two years worth of BS and lies, it's hard to get over on me now. I bought a new-to-me used car. He's furious, after all I didn't ask him, even though it's my money. I was cleaning it, made him madder. Then he remembered I'm going somewhere tomorrow without him, God forbid, I'm going to a funeral.

So we're in parking lot, I'm cleaning my car and he's telling me ... you guessed it...that he has MS. He is going on and on and I'm not responding.
So he adds a little melo to his drama. Tells me since no one loves him he's not going to treat it. I don't respond. "So what do you think I should do?" he asked. "Whatever you think is best." The rant began...I didn't care about him, I must be seeing someone else, I want him dead of MS yada yada yada."

"Actually," I said, "you should keep better track of your melodramatic stories."
I went on. "You already used that one on me. If you want to manipulate my feelings you'll have to come up with something original. Perhaps you should carry a notebook and keep track, like a scorecard."

He's pouting now, drunk on the bed, he'll be snoring soon. Me? I think I'm gonna go out, grab some dinner...maybe do something wild and crazy like...buy a new book!
Old 02-04-2005, 07:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

OMG!! About 2 years ago my AH, who had just gone for a routinue Drs appointment, informed me in a drunken haze that he had colon cancer... this was way before I was involved in any type of recovery for myself & he had me in a shear panic.. I really believed him, he was having issues in that area, I was in tears & everything. The next day he told me I was crazy-that he didn't have cancer & would never have said anything like that! It's all about them isn't it!
Christine
Old 02-04-2005, 08:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
spirit

oh dear i shouldnt laugh but i couldnt help it, !! maybe you could tell AH that seeing as he so sick, maybe he could come to the funeral with you and you could leave him there, save you a trip later haha.

congrats on your new car!!! sounds like it can become a haven for you !

cheers
kath
Old 02-04-2005, 08:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I shouldn't laugh either, but you ladies are cracking me up! I'm laughing my butt off. So is my daughter--I couldn't resist reading your posts to her.

Perhaps you could buy your AH "The Physician's Desk Reference" for his birthday. It's full of medical mumbo jumbo. That way he can choose a really rare and horrific disease for his next attempt.

I really needed a good laugh tonight. Your timing is impeccable. Sometimes living with an alcoholic so pathetic it's just laughable.

Night ladies.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Your story reminds me of my exAB. He to was full of lies. Back in November he claimed to have gone to the doctor for the severe headaches he had been having. He told me he went and gave me great detail about this visit. The doctors ordered an MRI but he was not going to go have it done. Well he told his family about his visit and told them he would be going for the MRI and he'll let them know what happens. Well for some reason I had started to think that I doubt he really even went to the doctor - the things he told me the doctor said just didn't jive. I myself had an experience with headaches went to the doctor, had an MRI and found out I have a tumor (which has since been removed and I'm fine). So I have a pretty good idea of what they would do in his case. Anyway I checked into his story with a friend who works for his doctor and he was never there. I never told him I know he was lying about the visit - why waste my time he would come up with some other lie - like he was using and alias when he was there or something else outlandish. So I guess he forgot that he told me he wasn't going for the MRI because a few weeks later he was getting these headaches again and I was sick of listening to him whine about it so I told him he should go to the doctor and get checked out. He in return yelled at me and told me he already went to the doctor and the MRI came back fine. Maybe I should have suggested to "keeping track of your lies" notebook!!!!
Old 02-05-2005, 06:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

wow walking. Is this man your husband?

He's abusive. Very mentally abusive. He's a very sick man. I'm so sorry.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Chy

That's truly sad he uses the misfortune of others. I think I'd take his happy ass to the doc, ask him to take a physical, and when the only diagnosis is alcoholism you can remind him he's sick allright but certainly not with MS.