Notices

nice to be here

Old 02-02-2005, 02:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

nice to be here

kay so i found the starting place and yes its mighty nice to be sober and smilin kinda new to the computer scene as well but if it wern't for being clean i wouldn't be sittin at my own computer either!!! gifts of recovery!!
ive lived basically on the streets for 3 years, turned my back on 2 beautiful girls and the rest of my family and tried to run from reality and myself for way too long!!!so ive been back from treatment since rememberance day and so far i've got a place to live and my oldest daughter, she's 16, back with me and i'm working on my youngest,shes 11 this month, ya i have an ex from hell and he's hangin on to her for dear life.....but hey one day at a time right....
God bless the broken road that lead me straight to recovery!!!!!!!
i look forward to meeting you's and have a great sober day!!! \\// peace
Old 02-02-2005, 03:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

Hello wantneeda, and welcome to Sober Recovery. I think you'll like here. These are a great group of people.

Richard
Old 02-02-2005, 03:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice to have you here. Stay sober and you will get your 11 year old too! Rewards come in time - Gods time, not ours, but they do come!
heyhaze
Old 02-02-2005, 03:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Big welcome to the forum.

Warmest Wishes
Evanna.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad you are here. ((((Big hugs)))) Stay around and watch the miracles happen.

Hope
Old 02-02-2005, 03:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SoberRecovery.Im glad your here.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad to see your here and sober i,m kind of new to this to.So i wish you all the best and likely in time you have your other child
Old 02-02-2005, 05:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

thank you for the welcomes, i've spent alot of today reading on this site and i think its great!!!!while looking around i haven't noticed anything on the steps i finished a step 5 in treatment but now i don't have the paper work like i did in treatment so i feel stuck, ive read the step 6-7 in the big book and the basic text but.......any suggestions?
just got a call from a friend i was in treatment with and he's fallen three times since mid december,i get these pangs of jealousy and a fleeting just one more time thought, i hate it when that happens, i do know though that i promised my HP this morning that i wouldn't use today and feel safe for today......i know today, this moment is what matters.....i've worked to hard to give my HP back the few gifts i've received this far!!!
\\//peace
Old 02-02-2005, 06:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
new life

Wantneeda's Quote:
"i've worked to hard to give my HP back the few gifts i've received this far!!!"

Gods blessings are limitless , it took me 20+yrs of ringing hells bells with drugs and alcohol until I finally woke up to the reality that I could not quit on my own."work it its worth it! Welcome to soberrecovery, and always remember, you can make a difference!
God bless.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi and welcome!
We're glad you found us! Keep up the good work!
Old 02-03-2005, 12:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

(((wantneeda)))

I live in Moose Jaw! Just down the road from you!

Go to the Eureka Club, west of the Exhibition Park about 4 blocks. Find some oldtimers, there's lots there. Tell them what you've shared here. They will help you.

Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

its a brand new day...

i have this written and stuck to my fridge:

Good Morning, this is God. I will be handling all of your problems today.
I will no need your help, so have a miraculous day!!!
thats my cue to turn it ALL over and accept what is put on my path today...
Mother Theresa says: in our life we cannot do great things, we can do small things with great love.
i love that...so my daughter has a friend that is pretty down and out, literally,she has no where to live, even her own mother won't take her in
so hse's been staying here for a couple weeks, needless to say i'm on welfare right now and just can't afford to feed her. a couple days ago i told her she had to find somewhere else to stay, well that night she slept outside!!!! i feel horrible. i spent the last three years living whereever and can totally relate to her situation. At the same time, my situation was all my own doing.
so the next night she stayed at a safe house but they apperently only allow 3 stays?...Anyway my daughter asked if she could stay for 2 weeks only as then she'd be able to go back on section 10 [ a social services prgram for teens]. So really i'm back where i started with her.....i'm not sure if she's aq good influence on my daughter but feel that someone needs to give her a break.....the bible says what love i put out comes back 7 fold.....but tough love is pulling the other heart string....and i just don't know if she's just using us or what.

anyway, i'm sorta depressed in that i cleaned up and i'm facing reality the best way i know how, so like i said i'm on welfare and moved into a house so they pay my utilities well, i have a job interview tomorrow and if i have to go off welfare there's no way i could this place....so i've been checking out the apartments in the paper and the prices are just to high for what welfare allows....and they wonder why those in poverty turn to crime. minimum wage don't get a person ahead either. Some days I wonder if cleaning up was worth it ya know, no to mention the boredom...i'm addicted to the chaos of active addiction. i take the bus to meetings but haven't found a sponsor yet and can't afford to go out for coffee after so there's no sober people i know to hang with, i feel isolated and just plain down. i stay home alot so i don't run into any using people i know. TV and the computer and the odd book have become my entertainment,hope all goes well with my job interview tomorrow though, maybe it'll be a breaking point....have a peaceful 24.

How come if alcohol kill millions of brain cells, it never killed the ones that make me want to drink?.........if you don't want the warts, let go of the toad!