Notices

Thankful

Old 02-02-2005, 02:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thankful

Hi Everyone,
I started my very first day of alcohol recovery at SR last Fall. I relapsed more times than I can count. I just wanted you to know that I celebrate 60 days of continuous sobriety today. However, I have to confess that I have had a total of 16 O'Doul's non-alcoholic beverages during those 60 days. I figured that each O'Doul's contains 1/3 teaspoon of alcohol. That adds up to 5 and 1/3 teaspoons of alcohol that I've had in the last 60 days (unless my math is wrong). I'm happy to say that the alcohol cravings are gone.
My life today is very different than it was when I first visited SR. I am not the same person I once was and that's a good thing.
I'm finding that I can achieve without alcohol. I'm grateful for all of the support that I received from SR while I was struggling. Giving up alcohol was the most difficult challenge I've ever faced, and the most rewarding. If you are out there and facing a personal struggle with drug use, I hope that you will ask for help and make a renewed commitment to sobriety.
Val
Old 02-02-2005, 02:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

congrats on the 60 days.. I just celebrated 6 mths..and life just gets better and better..nice to get that monkey off our backs..Keep up the good work and pat yourself on the back for what your trying to do..Also buy something nice for yourself!!YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!
Old 02-02-2005, 03:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

keep on keepin on!!! thats great, i went to a meeting yesterday and this person i know would have had 60 days on friday but got canned from his job and went straight to a liquor store the next thing he know he woke up in jail with an attempted murder charge!!!!!!some guy out there has 45 stitches in his neck!!!!!! amazing what saying no to that first one saves a person eh!!! ill have 8 months on friday myself considering i make it to fridaY so far today looks ok....in treatment they told me to stay away from the non alcoholic bevvys,and ya ive been tempted....sometimes just miss the taste but really it dont taste like the real thing anyway....thank God for non-alcoholic beverages.......peace\\//
Old 02-02-2005, 07:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

Welcome back Val!