Notices

hello

Old 01-27-2005, 10:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
just a little crazy

hello

This is my first post so I thought I would say hi.My name is Roy and im a recvering addict.I am 30 and have used drugs for the last 13 years.But now I am approaching my 2 years clean anniversary and in the beginning I didn't think it was possible.I am on a therapy using Suboxone.I thank god ever day for this medication because it saved my life.I tried rahab a few times but always relapsed and my habit got worse.Then I found a web sight talking about Suboxone and soon after reading about it I found a treatment center that could prescribe it to me 2 hours away.To make a long story short I am clean now thanks to this medication and I can lead a normal life again.Im a father to my kids again and a husband to my wife again.But anyway I just wanted to say hi and im glad I found the sight.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Roy.Welcome to SoberRecovery and congradulations on your 2 years.You have a lotta experience,strength and hope you can share with others at this site.I look forward to reading more of your posts.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Roy...
Gald you are here.
Congratulations on 2 yrs.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

:hello2 Hi Roy, congrats on 2 years. Welcome to SR! We learn a lot from each other and are glad you came to join us.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Welcome to the site Roy

glad you're here

chris
Old 01-28-2005, 12:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome BigBoyRoy -- I'll look forward to any insights you may want to share from those two years of sobriety you have. Welcome!
Old 01-28-2005, 12:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to the site, Roy. Great job on the 2 years clean. Looking forward to reading about some of that experience strength and hope you have to share.

Sherry
Old 01-29-2005, 07:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
just a little crazy

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement you all.I would have to say that the the thing thats help me get through these 2 years besides the wonderfull medication I take would be my wife and 2 boys.I would be dead if wasn't for them.It took my wife actually leaving me and taking the kids for me to hit my rock bottom.I had thoughts of suicide and just generaly miserable.But by the grace of god and a wife who loves me I have stayed clean.It is rare that I even think about the drugs anymore.I don't know if that's common or not but I honostly rarely even think of them.Of course the real trial will be when it's time for me to start getting off the Suboxone.I get scared at the thought of it but i am going to start here in a few months reducing the daily amount.If anyone has any questions I will gladly help or if someone is on Suboxone and has any advice I am all ears.Again thank you all for the kind words.
Old 01-30-2005, 06:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Hey (((BBR))!! Welcome to SR!! Congratulations on your 2 years and glad you're here.
I'm an alkie and I've never heard of Suboxone. Is this only for drugs or for alcohol also? Are you doing NA or some other type of recovery program? I go to AA and just love it and working the steps. It has helped me more than words can say!

Stick around!!
Missy