focus on the positive please?

Old 01-26-2005, 03:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

focus on the positive please?

they say in meetings that we need to focus on those things that give others hope, and encouragement. i realize we need this board to voice our frustrations...

yet... as part of growth, as part of service, as part of our own spiritual healing... lets share a moment of hope and encouragement for others.

please help me to develop a thread that offers encouragement to others. a bit of sunshine in what can see a horizon of grey and black skies.

my contribution. when we say we "let go and let god" i picture my loved one being held so tightly in a loving HPs grasp that the evil of addictions are useless against it.. and the small kindled spark of true spiritual energy is allowed to grow to a roaring flame.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When we realise it is "not all my fault"... That is such a wonderful feeling, like heavy chains that were weighed down around our neck dragging us down suddenly breaking, freeing us to become us again.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Staying in the moment always brings me back into focus.
Not looking ahead and wondering...
Not looking back with regret.
When I stay focused on the now, I'm where I'm supposed to be.
As an extra added bonus, I then count my many blessings.
Nice idea for a thread quietsins.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

"To Thine Own Self Be True" is on my CoDA medallions and something I am still learning to do.

I am learning who I am and what is right for me. I'm learning to protect that, and I am beginning to dream again, not dreams that will bring me disappointment, but dream of things I CAN do and have always wanted to do, and soon enough I will do them.

Hugs
Ann
Old 01-26-2005, 05:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What really helps me is that I don't own thier feelings I am me only.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone, Alot of the time my retrospection of life comes from when i'm playing my video games or reading my comic books because i like to role play as the characters in the games or the comic books. For instance sometimes i like to think of myself as Matt Murdock the blind lawyer who is aka Daredevil who has this Sonar/Radar vision that is activated by sounds going off around him and he is the protector of a city called H*lls Kitchen.

And sometimes I like to think of myself as Dick Grayson he's a cop in the city of Bludhaven during the day time but during the night time he's Nightwing and he spends time talking to his girlfriend Oracle who is an Internet hacker/computer wizard aka Batgirl . Sometimes i like to think of Oracle as my ex-girlfriend Becky and myself as Dick Grayson/Nightwing the stories vary from time to time or the one i'm most relevant to is a guy named Tony Stark who has epilepsy (i have epilepsy as well), and he's a multi-billionaire of a company called Stark Solutions and he is aka Iron Man and he likes to have Iron Man as his protector but at some eventual point he reveals his secret identity to society and the girl in that comic book is the secretary named Pepper Potts she's a pretty red head with freckles :P.

So i always fantacize about what life is like beyond addictions with my video games and comic books but usually more often my video games on my role playing games (RPGs) fighters,thiefs,and mages who cast spells. I'm very absorbed into what i do aside from the internet so i never have a dull moment. I hope to hear from you soon,good luck in all you do.

Signed,
Greg
Old 01-26-2005, 08:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How about that without this journey...my marriage to my husband...I would not have been given the opportunity to find out how strong and smart and loving and forgiving and kind and supportive and wise, I really am?

My self esteem has risen a thousand fold (and it was not so bad to start with). I realize that I am capable of anything. I am not afraid anymore. I am not a victim at all.

I am learning every day and I am growing all the time and the possibilities are endless. There are no dead ends in my life, just great opportunities to turn around and see things from a different perspective.

Jenny
Old 01-26-2005, 08:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ugh!

Positive things that I have gotten recently; and I believe only through the painful addiction that my AH has:

* A support group of others dealing with the same
* Much needed therapy to find my strength which is growing day by day little tiny bit by little tiny bit.
* A closer relationship with my Higher Power Christ, learning bit by bit to be able to know his will for me, and that if I misunderstand it, I will be guided back to him, and forgiven by his grace.
* Learned that regardless of what I'm going through, my friends are my freinds and accept me no matter what.
* That I have faith that this lesson will not last forever
* And I have learned to NEVER take love for granted
Old 01-27-2005, 11:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thankful that faithchaser reminded me that
This Lesson Will Not Last Forever. thank God.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

finding al-anon and this website at the time that was right for me. also as faithchaser stated, a closer relationship with my hp!
Old 01-28-2005, 06:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm thankful for all the encouraging words each of you have. I'm gaining insight to the problems I make when I cling to my AH. I'm learning to let go. Thank you all and thank God for the peace I feel in those times of need.