How was your A when he/she quit drinking

Old 01-25-2005, 11:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How was your A when he/she quit drinking

I'm just wondering how it was for other people the firse week or two that your A quit. Mine is not working any program, and is acting all nice and everything. (scares ME!!! LOL!) So what was it like for you?
Old 01-25-2005, 11:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dax

Mine did 30 meetings- actually more in 30 days . He was so wrapped up in the program , he really didn't have time for me. I didn't care. It was a releif to have him sober. and he was easier to get along with. The only thing - he stopped doing the little help he would do from guilt. The morning after a night of drinking, he would do a lot around the house out of guilt. Never got that help again. dax
Old 01-25-2005, 12:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi,
My wife spent 4 weeks in a inhouse program and when she came out she went to her 90 meetings in 90 days. Still attends 3 or 4 a week. She was busy with Christmas (last year not the most recent) so i think it kept her mind busy. She was a bit quiet, anixous at times. But each day it got better and better. I am not sure but i think being in some type of program or meetings is important in the begining. But it has now been 14 months so far so good. good luck