Notices

day six-feel awful-call Dr.?

Old 01-24-2005, 05:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day six-feel awful-call Dr.?

I made a decision after a full week of binge drinking last week to try and clean up my act. Didn't vow to quit...just take a break to see if I could do it. I've been drinking since I was 13, but now that I'm 45, It's getting worse...not better. You'd think I'd grow out of it. Any way...It's day 6 and I really haven't craved alcohol. I'm married to a heavy drinker and even went to a party Sat. and was the DD. But the physical symptoms are tough. I've had a headache since Day 1 (I at first thought it was a 2-day hangover) but it's not going away. I have bad arthritis and bone problems and the booze helped with pain (i told myself) I feel like I've been hit by a car. Should I share this with the family DR. (who is my drinking buddy) ? I've gone cold turkey with no help (husband is very supportive and has really tried not to drink in front of me. (I can smell it on him and I stand close sometimes-HA)
Old 01-24-2005, 05:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Rubythree))) Welcome to SoberRecovery,and congradulations on 6 days.Im glad you found us.This is a really great place with a lotta good people and plenty of support.Seeing a Doctor couldnt hurt.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ruby,
Welcome to SR!
Yes...definately discuss this with your Dr.
Maybe there is something that will help.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Ruby!

:hello2

You're body is going through a MAJOR readjustment, especially considering your history. Yes, go see a doctor!