Notices

questions about meetings

Old 01-22-2005, 09:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

questions about meetings

I don't even know where to look for a meeting. What are "closed" meetings? What is the big book? Thanks for all your support. I am not sure I can do this at all. I NEED to. I'll try to keep coming here.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi and welcome!
Open your phone book to the yellow pages and look under Alcoholism. You will see several meeting places and a central office. Central office can give you details for meetings in your area. If they have a "Night Watch" or 24 hour line, they can give you that info as well. Closed meetings are for alcoholics only if AA. Not open to the public or family members.

Please keep coming back, we can help!

This link has all kinds of information.
http://www.bma-wellness.com/papers/F...A_Meeting.html
Old 01-22-2005, 09:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Hi Always

Hi and welcome. JC here alcoholic from across the pond. Great place here at SR. Keep posting and make that call about a meeting. I did a few months ago and my life is changing in a way I never thought possible. Keep coming back.

much love
JC
Old 01-22-2005, 10:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Always,

This is a great place to come. In addition to aa meetings, I have found a new way of life, and a bunch of wonderful friends.

Sherry
Old 01-22-2005, 10:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome AlwaysHungover:

You don't always have to be hungover. My name is 3 Legacy here in SR and I've recovered from a seemingly hopeless state of mind and body. There is HOPE, and I'm glad you made it to SR and hope we can get you hooked into a face to face meeting with another alcoholic in your area soon. Local phone books usually have an Alcoholics Anonymous Hotline number listed in the White and/or Yellow Pages. Sounds like your ready to quit drinking and may need the assistance of those who have been in your same shoes. Are you able to get into the Community Chat here in Sober Recovery? I will gladly meet you there to talk livetime if you are interested.

Below is an online copy of our A.A. F-2 Form that serves good purpose in providing accurate information from my perspective.

Click HERE

(((((((((((AlwaysHungover))))))))))
3 Legacy
Old 01-22-2005, 02:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi 3legacy. Thank you for responding to me. I tried to get in to chat, but it keeps telling me I am using an invalid username or password, and I am using the same one I use here. Am I supposed to create a new one? Anyway, I know I am going to need lots and lots of support. I would give up food before I would give up my wine. My plan is to quit on Monday. I can't do it today. I just can't. I need to know how to get into a different mindset. I grew up in a drinking family. If you looked at me, you would never know, except it is starting to show in my face. I don't want to look hungover all the time. And I am sick of consuming the empty calories. Let's face it, I AM sick.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((((((((AlwaysHungover))))))))
I am back in there again and lets see if we can find some Administrative help to link you in. Keep Breathing & Remember your not alone any longer my friend.

3 Legacy
Old 01-22-2005, 03:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Still here bud, hang with me if you can.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Chy

Go back to the chat log in screen, clear your name, click on "register" That should do it, everyone has to register for chat first time in.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Chy:
Looks like he bailed for now but my invisible friend joined me in Chat instead.

3 Legacy
Old 01-22-2005, 04:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

3legacy - I figured out that I had to register again (Thanks Chy), and I got in but you weren't on. Want to set up a time to chat? I'd love to talk to you. By the way, I am female!!
Old 01-22-2005, 04:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

LOL Empty calories should have told me that. My apologies.

Glad we caught up finally.

(((((((((AlwaysHungover))))))))))
3 Legacy