Update

Old 07-25-2002, 09:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Update

It's so quiet that I thought I would post an update. My son got a sponsor and is at a meeting with him tonight. I am happy about that.

I am also happy that even if he relapses he has again gained more information that will only help him the next time around. I hope there is not a next time, but I don't know what will happen. I just want to hold onto this special time we have together.

There has been a lot of healing in our relationship and I want to thank all of you for that. Your support and posts have helped me change my reaction and attitude toward my son. It has made a world of difference.

I pray for all of our loved ones and for all of us. I think I'm still in shock because of the reality I've learned about this disease in just a short few months. Sometimes I feel an overwhelming sadness for them and for us.

There is a purpose somewhere in all of this. I know that I have been forced to see things I would have never seen if I wasn't feeling trapped in this situation.

Sometimes giving up our dreams and fantasies frees us to live in today and enjoy what today has to bring. If we wait for dreams and fantasies to come true we watch our life go by and don't even know we missed it.

Life is too short to let it slip through your fingers because your waiting for something different to make you happy. You have everything you need.

Hugs to all,

MG

Last edited by Morning Glory; 07-25-2002 at 09:41 PM.

Old 07-25-2002, 09:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This is good news MG. I am glad that both of you are healing and doing so well. He certainly seems to be making the effort, and this will all help him gather tools to help him go through life.

There is a gift in all of this somewhere for each of us. We may have had a lot of rough roads on this journey, but the beautiful oasis we find along the way make it all worth while.
Old 07-25-2002, 10:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

Thanks M.G.
That was a wonderful post, and I love
to hear good news. It gives me hope
and if I can just keep working on MY
recovery, and learn the tools, who
knows what could happen? I am happy
for you and proud of your son, and
just plain inspired.
Thanks for sharing,

Hugs,
Old 07-26-2002, 01:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's so wonderful to hear, MG.

Ann, I got tickled at myself because when I read your phrase "There is a gift in all of this somewhere for each of us...." what flashed through my mind was a moment from "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown". You know, where all the kids are looking in their halloween bags saying what they got at the last house... "I got a candy bar", "I got an apple", Charlie Brown.... "I got a rock."

Rock on, anons.
Old 07-26-2002, 04:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

MG,

I am so happy for you...we can be thankful to the A's in our lives for bringing us here, to this program, and to the growth it offers.

I really HATED that apple in my halloween bag!

Hugs,

JT