Notices

Today has been a good day..

Old 01-17-2005, 05:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today has been a good day..

...Or actually, a pretty darn fantastic day!

It started out with me waking up sober and hangover free, entering into my 41st day of recovery. No hiding under the covers until the last minute as before, but I was up early, as has become my habit in recovery. Took care of my hygene, rather than neglecting a shower because I didn't have (or make) time. Drove to work as usual, but without the hard core breath mints to disguise the smell of alcohol on my breath.. so many changes in my life these days!

Anyway, this morning at work I was asked by the front desk staff of the hotel where I'm a housekeeper if I could show a potential guest a couple of rooms. That "couple of rooms" turned out to be at least 30 (no exaggeration) until she found one that suited her needs. She was so grateful to me for taking the time to show her so many rooms that she "highly commended" me to the management. I didn't know this until I was pulled aside by my boss - I thought to myself, "oh oh, what did I do wrong".. you see, in my drinking days I could not even function at work, and would often be sent home, and it takes a while to forget that stuff. Anyway, my boss was so pleased with my performance that, when she had to leave early, owing to the stress that she felt she was under, she told me that she was putting me in charge! ME! In charge! And I'm going to be in charge for the next three days, while she takes some time off! This is ME, just 42 days ago a drunk who had reached a rock bottom where not only could I not function, but my job was in jeapordy (sp?), I had a black eye, and a lump on my head (and a hole in my living room wall where my head must have hit it (still can't remember falling). I stank of BO because I hadn't showered in many months. I hadn't eaten properly in about the same amount of time, and I was about ready to give up the will to live when I decided to post my story of hell on this forum (having put it off since September, I think).

I can hardly wait to share at my AA meeting tonight, and share what happened today with my sponsor, hoping to give back to her just a little of what she has given me.

And when I got home, the first thing I wanted to do was to share here - you have all been such an encouragement to me these past 41 days!

Having learned from my AA meetings that there often comes a "honeymoon" period in recovery, I am aware that tomorrow may not be such a good day as today, but that's where I'm leaving it. I can't worry about tomorrow, but I can be aware that my friends in AA, my sponsor, you good people here, and my Higher Power will help and strengthen me to face days that may not be so good.

Hugs and gratitude to you all,

Lindsey
Old 01-17-2005, 05:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow! You truly are an inspiration Lindsey.

Glad you are not worrying about tomorrow. You have obviously been putting a lot into getting well and deserve to enjoy the rewards. You go girl!

Best Wishes.
Evanna.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lindsey! What a great story! Good for you. You must be so proud of yourself.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Lindsey, that is so awesome to hear! You are doing great and it shows too. I know you are beaming with happiness on the inside and you have worked very hard for it so be very happy with your accomplishment. It feels good when the difference in us takes place, doesn't it? Great work my friend.

Hugs-
Hope
Old 01-17-2005, 06:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Lindsey,

I started to send you a pm a couple of times. I didn't know if, you'd remember me or not. I'm glad to hear you are doing good. I'm also glad the AA is working for you or, should I say you're working the program.

Stay posting with us. You have no idea how good it makes us feel when, we hear of someones success. That's why, we share our stories on here and at meetings

God Bless
chris

Last edited by CAPTAINZING2000; 01-17-2005 at 06:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-17-2005, 06:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lindsey,

Your post is fantastic! That is just so great and I know that you have so much more to look forward to!

Love, Anna
Old 01-17-2005, 06:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing Lindsey. It is nice to hear the good news. May things only keep getting better for you. Enjoy the challenge of being in charge!!!
Old 01-17-2005, 06:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Linsey, every day brings new suprises. I am glad to hear of your successes