Pulling the plug

Old 01-16-2005, 06:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pulling the plug

Hey gang, will be off-line a few days as I am pulling the plug on my 'puter and moving outta town. Got me a new job, new apartment, new town and a whole new life. My AW has no interest in any kind of recovery, all she wants to do is party with her boyfriends.

I'm taking my newly found Al-Anon program and hitting the road.

Emotions are bouncing all over the place, so I'm putting a lid on 'em for now. I have a list of Al-Anon meetings in my new town and I'm plannig on doing 90 in 90, like a good newbie :-)

Catch you guys on the other side :-)

Mike :-)
Old 01-16-2005, 06:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Mike))))
I'll miss you! I wish you the best, and I'm certain that, even with those emotions bouncing around, you will be ok.
But, do come back when you get plugged back in, ok???
Shalom, Mike!
Old 01-16-2005, 06:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Mike)))

I know this must be an emotional time for you, and send prayers that you will be comforted in the coming days. New beginnings can be scary, but with them come all new dreams and wonderful surprises that life has been waiting to hand you.

We're here and we care, so get yourself hooked up soon, okay?

Hugs
Ann
Old 01-16-2005, 07:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dee at Mt Bully

Gonna miss you Mike--you and your humor--hurry up and get plugged in so you
can tell us all about your 90 in 90. Hope you have a safe move and meet all kinds of nice people. I'm sure your mind is racing with all the things to do and unanswered
questions--I'll keep you in my prayers. Smiles--Dee
Old 01-16-2005, 07:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mike - I wish I had your strength. I wish you the best in your new life and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jessica
Old 01-16-2005, 08:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

Mike - I'll keep you in my prayers, that you have an easy transition. You've got lots of new people to meet and new places to get used to. Good luck friend, hope you get back on line soon.

B
Old 01-17-2005, 01:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Mike

Good luck with the move. I am so pleased that your recovery is going so well and hopefully you can see this as a new beginning.

I remember the first day you came here - and look where you are now! I don't think I've seen such open-mindedness and willingness to take on board new ideas. You have certainly been an inspiration to me, and I'm sure many others.

I'll be thinking of you.

Love

Minnie
xxx
Old 01-17-2005, 09:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Caring for the 3 little bears

Mike, praying for a smooth move for you. Hey, i made a rhyme! I hope you are feeling some peace in the midst of this huge transition. Hope you get plugged in real soon!
Old 01-17-2005, 09:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

mike aka broccoli boy - may your journey be safe and stick you hand out - we will all be grabbing to hold it! look forward to you coming back! :hugehug
Old 01-17-2005, 09:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Radar

(((Mike))) I pray you'll have a smooth move and when you get to the new place, you'll find happiness. Let us know when you get plugged in! We'll miss you in the meantime.
Karen
Old 01-17-2005, 09:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Mike - hope it all goes well, maybe you'll even find new kids around who need a leg up!! ;o)

Oh - and get back online soon!!
Old 01-17-2005, 10:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Finding Strength

Hey Mike,
I know this is a very difficult time for you.....Good luck with the move, we will be waiting for you.
Hugs
Michelle
Old 01-17-2005, 04:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Survivor

Prayers and hugs for Mike!! (((((huggies)))) ((((kissies))))

I do hope that everything works out for the best. Cant wait to hear about how things go.

((((more huggies and kissies)))))

~Def
Old 01-17-2005, 10:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I made it

In spite of my codie-ness I managed to pack my bags and get my tush to my new town. I am now sitting in my "luxury" apartment (ok, I'm on the floor cuz I have no chairs and my laptop is on the top of my cooler, which is doing double duty as my computer table and fridge :-)

I have a great view of the sunset out the window. (Ok, so the sunset can be seen over the backside of a gas station, but it's still a sunset... and I can wait 'till I'm running on fumes before I fill up cuz the station is right next door :-)

The shopping district is conveniently located right on the next block. (It's the Salvation Army, which is just fine with this alkie, and I already scored a set of dishes for 7 bucks) The accomodations are top notch (which means I'm sleeping on the floor in my sleeping bag 'till a good bed turns up at the shopping district, but I got sober in a trash dumpster so I'm _real happy_ to have a roof over my head and a warm sleeping bag )

Emotions were all over the place when I left home, but that's to be expected. Bunch of neighbors came out to say good-bye, and they wouldn't let me go. Made me over an hour late leaving :-) Now I'm feeling totally emotion-less, guess it's a mix of shock and denial (who me? denial? no way, just cuz I'm a codie!?!?!? ;-)

Going to keep pretty busy making this place livable, going to meetings every night and getting to know all the local AA and Al-Anon crowd. Start my new job next monday so I gotta study up for that too. Busy is good, keeps me off the pity pot.

Ya'll are welcome to come stay a spell, but you have to bring your own sleeping bag ;-)

Mike :-)
Old 01-17-2005, 11:42 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congratulations----
A new start, new life, and a sunset. What more could a guy ask?
larry