Notices

Newbie blues

Old 01-12-2005, 11:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tobi

Newbie blues

I am not sure if this is where I belong, come to think of it, I am not sure I belong anywhere. I have just recently realized (admitted) that I have a substance abuse problem. I have been clean for 2 days now, and I plan on starting NA meetings tonight. I have kept this dirty secret hidden, even though I was accused, it was never proven. There recently came a point where even knowing I was going to be tested, and if it was dirty I would not see my children, I still could not stop myself. :-( Now, rather than continuing the lies, and running and hiding, I have decided to face reality, and realize that I am addicted. But more importantly I have realized that I do not want this way of life, and I truly want to regain some kind of control. Because of legal family issues, I am not supposed to say exactly what my addiction is, but I am tired of hiding and lying, and I feel like I need a little support that I cannot get from my family, because they cannot know the extent of the problem. Ok, phew, that was a lot harder than I thought. Anyway, I am glad to find a place where I can speak to others and gain advice from their experience. Thank You,
Tobi
Old 01-12-2005, 11:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hop on the bus Tobi you are welcome here, try the NA board too lots of help support and good advice.
indigo
Old 01-12-2005, 11:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Toby Welcome. You will find a lot of support here.

Nancy
Old 01-12-2005, 11:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi Tobi and welcome!
Big relief when we spill our guts, admit it to someone and accept it is time to change isn't it? You have a huge, huge plus in succeeding in your favor because it appears to me your really serious about this, doing this. It's so much easier when your ready! Keep coming back!
Old 01-12-2005, 11:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

welcome,

this such a good life clean and sober. You can look in the mirror and get a lot better reflection this way.

The reward of staying clean and sober far outweighs anything that drinking and drugging can give you. Just for today, that's all you hace to do is stay clean and sober today.

chris
Old 01-12-2005, 12:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Tobi

Thank you all so much for the awesome welcome. I think I have found a place to belong.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Tobi, you belong here. Glad you found us. You have found a great new group of friends to help you through your journey. Sober is better and I can sense determination in you. That is a big advantage for you. Stick with us, we are winners!

Hope
Old 01-21-2005, 06:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Tobi...
Sorry I missed this thread, I wanted to welcome you to SR.
I am glad you found us... I have really enjoyed reading your writings.
looking forward to having you around.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Tobi

Thank you all again so very much for such a beautiful and friendly welcome. I am sure I have found a home.