Notices

needen friends

Old 01-08-2005, 01:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
needen friends

needen friends

hey all well im new to this site had 33 days recovery but relapsed a couple weeks ago.then i had a bad case of humilation and found it hard to get back to a meeting which caused my relapse to last longer,but made it back to my meetings lastnight.so glad to be back.i am a mother of 5 i am married (happly not to sure)my husband is an addict also.i think that alot of the reason for my relapse was due to him not having the na program in his life he didnt use the 33 days but relapse for him was easer to hit and i was still so toxic that all he had to do was mention getting high and off i went.i dont know what to do about our situation with him not doing meetings or any program,becouse i know with out my program i would be more likely to relapse.any advise would be great.you can email me at [email protected]
thanks hugs
Old 01-08-2005, 01:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR,
You have found friends here and if you have open heart and mind you can get some good advice on what works for us.
Don't worry about your husbands recovery for now. You have to concentrate on yourself. Go to a meeting, find a sponsor and get clean and stay clean. We have all relapsed, but there is no shame in starting over at day one. I have had many, many day ones, but finally I got serious and have been sober for a little over 6 years. You can do it.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Welcome Home Glad You Made It Back. Keep Coming Back It Will Get Better

Chris
Old 01-09-2005, 06:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Welcome!! I know one of the best things I have learned in recovery is
NOTHING AND NOBODY CAN MAKE ME DRINK!!
Once I realized it was all on me, and with the program I now have a choice, it got a little easier for me. I can't imagine what it's like to have another addict in the house. That would be really hard. Lots of people make it though!! Best of luck to you!!

Stay sober for you and everyone around you will receive the benefits!!

Hugs,
Missy
Old 01-09-2005, 07:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome,
Hope you stick around and let us get to know you better.
indigo
Old 01-09-2005, 08:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi, all. I am also a newbie. Needen friends, I have a partner (not married to him) who is an alcoholic and refuses to go to meetings. I have 16 months sobriety now, he has relapsed two or three times, not now since May. The thing is, like you, I keep worrying about him relapsing again. I have told him that if he does, it is over between us, and I think he believes that. But it is a terrible thing to have this threat over him, for us both, so I am really trying go let go and think about myself, without much result. My AA group has been telling me to go to Alanon, but I don't know.

So, like me, I suppose you have to try to think only of yourself. Like you, I am happy in my relationship (been 8 years now and I am over 50 with two ex-husbands) and I would be devastated if I felt I had to throw my partner out.

So, let's be selfish! The world rotates around us, remember :tongue2:
Old 01-09-2005, 09:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Chrys

Lived with beer in the refrig for the first 10 months of my getting sober (partner did enter recovery later.) For right now. . . can you stay in the same home and adequately care for your recovery, yourself and your chidren. A time apart may be needed. It is not a forever decision but perhaps a change for what is happening right now.

Take care.