Now he did it!

Old 01-07-2005, 09:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dee at Mt Bully

Now he did it!

Here goes--as you know my AH and I live on the same property but
in seperate houses. The plan is to get both places ready to sell by the end
of Feb. first week in March. Anyway AH is coming up with all kinds of excuses why we shouldn't sell and in general dragging his feet. Keeps telling me I can't take care of myself and how will I pay for my prescriptions and in general scare tactics. (in case I haven't mentioned it I am disabled and require quite a few prescriptions) Any way yesterday I went to see my ruematologist for a shot for pain--When I was there Dr. mentioned to me that
he had recieved a letter from my AH. (Dr. knows about AH) The letter said
how he was worried about me and how he thought I was loosing my memory
and how I had forgotten why I took 500$ out of the bank. Dr. and I laughed
because I knew where the 500$ went of course. Dr. and I are both wondering what he is up to. Like is he trying to say I'm incompatent so I
can't live on my own and there fore I can't have a divorce or seperation.
Any ideas? I'm really angry with him and I would leave here today if I could.
I certainly don't trust him at all. Did he really think MY DR. would not talk
to me about his letter. This is my Dr. not his. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.
Love and smiles--Dee

P.S. I forgot to mention he ask my Dr. to send me to a physiciatrist.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Humm, looks like he's not only dragging his feet, he's got them firmly planted in the ground. I'd be willing to bet he's trying to set a precedence that you're incompetent so that he can claim that you are not emotionally stable enough to enter into a contract--a contract to sell your property to be precise.

And why would he do that? Because if his enabler vanishes, how will he continue to wallow in his addiction? What you can do about his, I don't know. But I think some legal advice is in order.

Sounds like he's doing some major manipulation behind your back. Thank goodness you've uncovered his plan. I wish you the best. Please keep us updated. A great big bear hug to you and loads of prayers coming your way.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dee, hon, this sounds like it's all about him, not about you.

Maybe he's telling you that HE will be incompetent without you. Maybe, like FD says, he's trying to establish that you're incompetent because of the house. If my ex A had written to my doctor in those terms, that would have been a serious boundary violation.

But the bottom line is most likely to be that he doesn't want to lose his little codie. But, that's already happened because you're not a codie anymore, right? Or at least, like all of us, you're on the road to recovery.

Legal advice, coming here and going to meetings seems like your best bet. And make sure you keep a diary of all these things that happen and when they happen. There may be other things that seem minor at the time, but when put into the bigger picture tell a different story.

Take care and keep us posted.

Love

Minnie
xxx
Old 01-07-2005, 11:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Definately sounds like manipulation on his part. He's up to something. Like Minnie said- huge boundary violation.

If I were in your shoes, I'd definately consider seeking legal advice.

(((Dee)))
Old 01-08-2005, 07:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

Dee - Get to a lawyer and get there fast. This is beyond manipulation. If he is trying to show or establish that you are incompetant then the remnifications of that are huge. Not just being unable to sign a contract. But every aspect of your life from your medical care to your assets to well everything. He could actually petition the court to be your guardian. Write everything down as it happens, keep a detailed journal, cover your butt hun.

B
Old 01-08-2005, 09:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dee at Mt Bully

Thank you all--I'm definitly taking what you say to heart--I'll be doing my best to get to an attorney this next week. Think I have to wait for Monday--it doesn't seem right that they take weekends off LOL-Thank you again--Love and smiles--Dee