Chew and Swallow Daily

Old 01-07-2005, 06:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Chew and Swallow Daily

I have to admit, I never really understood the "grateful" thing. I wanted so much more than I had. What was the use of concentrating on the few good things? Wouldn't it be much more productive for me to concentrate on the things I wanted than to acknowledge the things I already had?

I'm reading a book that helped me to understand. The book compares gratefulness to eating. When you take a bite of food, you must chew and swallow before you can take another bite. If you just keep shoving food in your mouth, you'll reach a point where you can't fit any more in - not to mention the uncomfortable feeling you have walking around with a mouth stuffed with food.

Giving thanks and acknowledging all of the wonderful things in my life is like chewing and swallowing. Thank your HP, thank your AH, thank yourself, thank whoever is a part of those gifts you have received. Do it often - do it sincerely.

As each new and wonderful thing comes into my life, I chew and swallow immediately. That way, I'm always ready for the next bite. Not only does giving thanks for all of the wonders in my life make me feel great, it opens up a whole world of opportunities for even more great things to enter.

Here's to empty mouths and full hearts.
Hugs - L
Old 01-07-2005, 06:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lorelai
Not only does giving thanks for all of the wonders in my life make me feel great, it opens up a whole world of opportunities for even more great things to enter.
Thank you Lorelai, that is a keeper.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

what a wonderful way to look at gratitudes - I shall remember this and put it into practice today!

bon appetite everyone!
Old 01-07-2005, 06:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Radar

Thanks Lorelai. I often forget to be grateful for what we already have.
Karen
Old 01-07-2005, 10:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

Lorelai,

What a wonderful reminder. Especially in the last few weeks as the press about the Asian disaster starts to dwindle, it can be easier to forget all of the gifts I have and take for granted - clean drinkable water, a warm dry place to live, my family and friends who are still alive that I can reach via phone, email, car.

The simplest of life's needs are here for me every day and I will be grateful that they are.

You are splendid for taking the time to remind us all.

Peace,
Petunia