Life is strange!

Old 01-06-2005, 07:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Life is strange!

As you know, I'm moving tomorrow. At least I hope so, we are having a terrible ice storm here today. Last night, my A boyfriend informed me that he is not happy at all about my moving out. This is the same man who in two drunken rages has told me to get the f**k out. It is too late, I am not going to live in fear anymore. God has opened this door for me and I'm going to go in.

My boyfriend has been very uncaring about my recent cancer diagnosis. He threw me out just weeks after my diagnosis. I feel that he has turned his back on me. After treating me this way, his mother was, sadly, diagnosed with liver cancer. She was a full-blown alcoholic, drinking a fifth of vodka a day. Unfortunately, she passed away this morning. I am worried about how this man will handle losing his mother and myself because of alcohol. His mother drank herself to death, and I am leaving because he has been so incredibly abusive. It is a very sad situation.

I hope that this wakes him up, but I don't think it will. He has told me in the past that he will never stop drinking. I will keep him in my prayers. My sister said that now that I will be in my own place, maybe him & I could start dating again later. I WILL NEVER get involved with another alcoholic!!!!!!! She must think I'm crazy.

Wish me luck everyone that the weather will allow me to move tomorrow.

I will be in touch!
Grace
Old 01-06-2005, 08:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

I am sorry for the passing of his mother, the disease kills we all know that.

I am proud of you for standing up for yourself and making the decision to treat yourself with respect.

I hope the weather lightens up for your move.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
shammy

Grace:
Sending prayers your way. And hoping the weather will change for you.

We're also having an ice storm here in Niagara and the power is shorting.

Really hoping for your boyfriend that this will be an awakening. It truly is sad.
((shammy))

Old 01-06-2005, 08:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How sad for your boyfriend. What a waste. I share your hope that this will wake him up, but we'll see.

Good luck with your move. Wishing you strength...
Old 01-06-2005, 08:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Grace - Hang in there, you're doing great!

I've allowed myself to be sympathetic with my AH b/c he too lost his mother (when he was 8) and lost his brother when he was 16. One reason I stayed as long as I have is b/c I didn't want him to lose me too. I was feeling sorry for him and deciding for him that he wouldn't be able to handle losing me too. I still slip when I think about it.

I'm learning to focus on my wants and needs. Your AH will be okay. He's made it this far.

As my AH put it - I've taken care of myself all those years before we met, I can take care of myself now.

My thoughts are with you.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Grace, hoping the weather will change for you.

Sometimes things seem to be more difficult than they need to be. It's okay though, for this is a test of Your resolve to help yourself. You Need to get out for yourself. You need to be in a supportive environment where you can receive the help that you desrerve from people that care for you. Your sister is the crazy one for not focusing on your problem, as opposed to focusing on him.

Get out and get help Sweety......YOU Deserve IT
Old 01-06-2005, 09:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

grace - i just know that our hp will allow you to move tomorrow! it truly is a sad thing that the disease has taken it's toll on his mother and him, but it doesn't have to take it's toll on you anymore.

good luck to you in your new healthy place to recover!
Old 01-06-2005, 12:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Grace good luck in your move tomorrow.

As cold as this sounds how he handles things really isn't your problem.

Ngaire
Old 01-06-2005, 01:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

Grace,

You must keep your focus on yourself and your healing.
Your A must live his own life even thro his mother died.

For far to long I thought if I just loved enough, worked hard enough, looked good enough, even prayed hard enough other people would change and be what I thought they were under nearth the disease.

It was as if I saw someone I loved bleeding to death If I cut myself and bled too that would help them. The very healthiest, most loving thing I can do today is take care of myself so I am not a burden on anyone else.

Hoping you can follow throug with the move so YOU can learn to really take good care of YOU>

Love and prayers from one who cares.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Dee at Mt Bully

Grace--Hooray for you--moving day--with all of us praying I'm sure you will beable to move. It's to bad for the A that he has lost his Mother to this disease but if that
does'nt open his eyes I can't imagine what will. The way he has treated you is diplorable and I'm soooo happy for you that you are getting out and into an enviroment
where you can concentrate on yourself and your health. Prayers and Smiles--Dee
Old 01-06-2005, 07:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Grace...this cancer is going to end up being a blessing for you...you are reevaluating what is most important to you. The alcoholism wasn't quite enough so God decided to give you another kick in the butt. Can you feel it??

Now get about getting healthy!!
(((Hugs)))
JT