Notices

Jus droppin in

Old 01-05-2005, 07:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Jus droppin in

This is the first post that I am actually explaining why I'm here and looking for some light at the end of this LONG freakin tunnel!!!!! I abused Vicodin For about 5 years, and had NO clue what WITHDRAWALS could be like,,,,and for how long. I stopped using in October and I am still having stomach problems!!! I finally feel like a human being though as of a couple weeks ago. I swear if I could have peeled my skin off I would have!!! I still have some of the psychological cravings which I cant wait to control completely!! I would enjoy hearing from anybody in the same situation or just that this does get easier!!! I wish I would have known all the side affects before I got soooo consumed by thier power.....
Thanks for listenin'
T
Old 01-05-2005, 08:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
knucklehead

T, great job getting your self free from the drugs since October, well done. I dont really know what the side effects are and I am sorry to hear that you are haveing a rough time with your stomach. Have you seen a M.D. regarding your disconfort? I am gald you have joined us keep us posted. A big welcome back to the human being you have rediscovered.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi Ty and welcome!
Your going to find a lot of understanding people willing to offer support, stick around! Be strong, your doing good, and congrats on your sober/clean time!
Old 01-05-2005, 09:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Hey, Tygirl,
and Welcome to SR!
:lumpy

Yeah, you should probably see a doctor about your stomach problems. If you've been clean for over two months, that should be better by now. You may also want to try going to some NA meetings to help you avoid ending up back in this boat again. Here's a link: North Dade NA. Best wishes to you!
Love and hugs,
eddie
Old 01-05-2005, 10:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are doing great. As the others said, please see a doctor to check out your stomach. Take care of yourself. We will never be in control of our addiction but each day we can get a daily reprieve of the strong grip. We can get out of the cycle and find a better life. Stick around to SR and you will see others who are proving this each and every day. I have made many great friends here and you will too.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Hope
Old 01-06-2005, 07:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

THANKS!!! I cant beleive how fast you guys responded to my posting! I appreciate all the advice! I will be going to an endocrinologist next week because i'm losing weight and hair at the same time!!! I feel like a hypochondriac, I swear I'm not, I usually don't even complain out loud or see an md. anyway thanks a lot to all of you...And it goes both ways too I'm only a click away if anyone needs an ear!!!!!
Ty
Old 01-06-2005, 07:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Ty,

welcome to the sight ****************{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}

chris
Old 01-06-2005, 06:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Ty,
You're most welcome! I'm really glad you're going to see an MD. Just let us know how it goes, OK?
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 01-06-2005, 07:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Giving up control

I know exactly how you feel, I am going through the withdrawls right now. I was taking ativan, hydrocodin, and large amounts of alcohol. Others things on occasion, well weekends. I know the program works because I have seen it work in others, thats why I plan on sticking around this time. I have never heard anyone regret staying sober, but only how happy, peaceful, and serene they have become. I look forward to the day I don't even want it- I heard that happens too. Hang in there....
Old 01-06-2005, 08:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by susan_17
I look forward to the day I don't even want it- I heard that happens too.
Yup!

Susan,
Coming off Ativan and alcohol by yourself can be a risky proposition. Are you sure you shouldn't be under medical supervision? I hope you're alright. Stay in touch!

Love and hugs all around,
Eddie
Old 01-07-2005, 05:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Susan
I can totally feel for you!! The days get brighter!! I has just recently started to prove that to me, It is very distorted that we actually start believing that we feel better when we are on these substances than when we are off. Now
I feel how much better I feel without using!!!!!!
T
Old 01-08-2005, 08:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Hey, Ty! How's that stomach today?

And Susan, how are you?

Love and hugs,
Eddie