His lips were moving

Old 01-05-2005, 10:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

His lips were moving

Had a very unique experience this morning. I was having another pointless conversation with AH this morning and his lips were moving but I wasn't listening to what was coming out because it was all bul$%#. I didn't argue, challenge him or get upset. I just smiled and walked away realizing it was just a waste of time. Who cares if the Christmas lights stay up all year
Old 01-05-2005, 10:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you dreamcatcher! I had one of those moments the other day - my AH was complaining about something stupid and I was just about to argue and I stopped and smiled and said "okay" to the stupidest thing I've ever heard a human say. He looked stunned and thought about what he said - and came back and told me he didn't know why he said that or what he was thinking... I said "welcome to my world". haha!
Old 01-05-2005, 01:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh...how many times have I looked at SonnyBoy...knowing he was saying some world stopping, earth shattering garbage about his socks not being ironed or somesuch...and I would look at that lovely face..see his once beautiful blue eyes...now bloodshot and hooded...blazing at me or through me...see the vein at his temple just throbbing and pounding and watched his mouth...saw the lips moving...the anger coming out of every pore...saw the spittal spewing in slow motion...and heard NOTHING...just smile and nod...
That was my mantra during the times he would leave and sneak back in...
Smile and Nod