A Thought for 1/4/2005 - A Year To Grow

Old 01-04-2005, 07:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

A Thought for 1/4/2005 - A Year To Grow

A Year To Grow

This new year can be a time of growth in recovery. While we have no crystal ball that tells us what luck and fortune the year will bring, we do have a program that gives us the power to make the best of this year, to grow in our independence. We can make progress in overcoming resentment and selfishness, we can help others in their search for happy living, and we can make better use of our talents and opportunities.

We can live independent, and we also can find happiness and true self-esteem in independence. A desperate search for happiness and self-esteem compelled us to live for others, but we could never find our happy destiny in them. No matter what came to us, things had a way of turning sour as we continued to live in co-dependence.

In our new life, we have good reason to feel confident and optimistic. We have friends who understand us; we have sponsors who will share with us their own experience and hope. We have a Higher Power who is, as the poet Tennyson said, closer to us than breathing, and nearer than hands and feet. We face nothing alone, and in the new year all experiences can help us grow.

I face this day with confidence, courage, and optimism. I will know that my Higher Power is present in every person and situation.

From the book Walk in Dry Places by Mel B.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Radar

Happy New Year, Petunia. May it be a happy one for you. Keep writing these inspirational posts... I look forward to them.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
shammy

Thank you, Petunia for reminding me.

((shammy))